Jerry Springer may run for US Senate

linky linky

god help us

God help you matey, I’m English. 8)

What’s next? Ronald Reagan for President? Oh wait… :P

• Alan

The irony is that he’s actually used to be known as a serious newsman; the ratings as the talk show got sleazier and sleazier corrupted him, more or less. Now he’s trying to go back to the serious guy angle.

Which will probably lose him the election. If he’d run as a Ventura-style populist, he’d be a shoo-in.

Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! throws chair

I actually have a lot of respect for the man, he is a clever showman and, more important than that he is aware of the fact that his programme is merely for entertainment. A sharp contrast to the shit we get on English telly that does its best to imitate but also to reform and enlighten and, worse of all to educate. Fuck you Trisha.

Yeah, Springer would be much worse than all of those super qualified, hyper intelligent, think-of-the-country-first folks we currently have in the Senate.

That said I heard an interview with Springer on the radio not too long ago, can’t remember who was interviewing him (I was changing stations a lot on a road trip), and he commented that everyone who makes over a certain amount (it was pretty low, although in the current high tax bracket) “owed” the government half of what they make. It was the old “they don’t need all that money to live well” argument. I’m sure that will endear him to many here. ;)

Jerry Springer is best known in Ohio as the vice-mayor of Cincinnati who paid a whore with a check. A check that bounced. But it has been so many years, that little story now makes him endearing to alot of people. Ohio senate choices are so bleak, why not Jerry?

If northern Ohio voters could vote in the likes Kucinich and Traficant, Jerry has a chance.

Chet

A clear case of rape.

A clear case of rape.[/quote]

Heh… that’s an interesting point.

If rape is defined as sexual intercourse against the will of one or more of the parties, and a whore is defined as a woman whose will is decided by proper payment, then that DOES constitute rape.

This is equivalent to sex with a woman while she is drunk (when the woman would not have sex while not drunk)… in both cases she is deceived into sex.

A clear case of rape.[/quote]

Heh… that’s an interesting point.

If rape is defined as sexual intercourse against the will of one or more of the parties, and a whore is defined as a woman whose will is decided by proper payment, then that DOES constitute rape.

This is equivalent to sex with a woman while she is drunk (when the woman would not have sex while not drunk)… in both cases she is deceived into sex.[/quote]

I dunno man, it’s just a really old joke.

Did you hear about the prostitute that got raped last night?
The check bounced.

Doesn’t make it any less true. I think she could have a case.

Doesn’t make it any less true. I think she could have a case.[/quote]

A check bouncing on a hooker does not constitute rape (and belittles the fate of those who have actually been raped.) Rape requires some form of force or serious threat.

After checking the law, you are of course right. I think it should be, though. Or something similar.

Ok, so what do you call drugging someone and then having sex with them? I mean, it didn’t require force or serious threat, correct?

If you want to avoid “belittling” then just have a couple different types of rape… Type A = Force and Type B = Deceit.

Ok, so what do you call drugging someone and then having sex with them? I mean, it didn’t require force or serious threat, correct?

Oh jeez. Look, I don’t mean to interrupt while you wax lyrical about the time you lost your virginity, Brian, but if you can’t see forcing yourself upon a drugged out, nonconsensual vagina as an act of force, I think we’re going to have to confiscate your “Sieve” as the next drastic, probaby futile step in your treatment.

{Carefully slides the hot wax away from DrCrypt and the unsuspecting “girlfriend” below him}…

Based on this treatment of the English language I wonder if they’ll let you back into the States. Perhaps only with the caveat that you go to class regularly and aren’t allowed to sit behind your girlfriend.

DrCrypt objects: But, but, I won’t get distracted! I can multitask!

{Carefully slides the absinthe away}

In order for a rape to qualify as forced there MUST be physical resistance. If a woman is sufficiently drugged, she does not physically resist the sex. The rape is a matter of deceit and not of force at that point.

Bouncing a check to a prostitute is just another kind of the same thing. The prostitute would not have sex with you if she knew you didn’t have a means and will to pay. Therefore you are having sex with her against her will.

Here’s another example of rape by deceit…

Lets say you visit your neighborhood plastic surgeon and walk away with Brad Pitt’s face, and furthermore your body can be passed off as Brad Pitt’s.

Now you tell women you’re Brad Pitt, and they have sex with you. That’s rape.

Or are you going to say it isn’t rape because while portraying Brad Pitt you aren’t forcing yourself on them?

You’re a fucking idiot, Brian.

{Bows before The Winner, aka Met_K, as he moves to 600%}

It’s like deja vu all over again.