Jessica Jones - from Marvel and Netflix

Actual release date in the trailer! March 8th!

Hells all of my yes

Th-wha? Okay. I’l watch it. Seemed like a pretty obvious one-and-done kind of thing, but I’ll check it out.

I hope they have fewer repetitive filler episodes this season. The series has promise if they work out the pacing issues.

People said how great Jessica Jones supposedly was, and I was not feeling it at all after 3 episodes.

If Luke Cage and Iron Fist were worse than this, they are quite bad indeed.

You should watch the actual shows.

Well, not Iron Fist. Nobody should watch Iron Fist.

I did, after three episodes I could not stand to watch any more Jessica Jones. I watched one episode of Luke Cage and didn’t like it. I also heard Iron Fist was far worse than those two, neither of which I thought was worth watching, so…

I can only hope that someday you check yourself, hopefully before your own self gets wrecked.

Is it possible super hero series may not be your cup of tea? They play very differently than films, so I could understand liking one but not the other.

All of the DC-verse Netflix-based shows are dark character studies in one way or another. Jessica Jones absolutely goes there, although it takes a little while to uncover more than just the grudging-hero-with-a-history-and-habit thing.

I think Iron Fist is better than a good chunk of the back halves of Daredevil S2 and Luke Cage. Finn Jones was terrible casting and some of the writing for Danny Rand would probably not have worked even with better casting, but there’s plenty of good stuff in the rest of the show, and it does more interesting things with the Hand than Daredevil does and its villains in general than, god…whatever the second villain in Luke Cage was called. But I wouldn’t recommend it to wumpus.

Malkav is wrong, Iron Fist is a turd. Creamy turd nougat inside a crunchy turd shell. Don’t waste your time.

That is a vast overexaggeration.

I liked Daredevil and watched all of season 1 but I felt it had too much filler. Part of my problem with Jessica Jones is that it reads like a cranky Jeanine Garafolo series with a not particularly interesting set of superpowers. Overall just meh.

I found Daredevil too boring to sit through. (Though I did force myself to watch 4 or 5 episodes, but couldn’t take it anymore).

But I did finish Jessica Jones, the whole thing. It has enough angst that you’re thinking maybe some interesting character development will happen. It doesn’t, for the most part. You made the right call to skip the rest of the series IMO.

On the other hand, for me, the whole thing was worth it because there was one great episode in Jessica Jones. I’ll have to look upthread to see which episode it was, but other than that one episode, I didn’t like the show much.

Honestly the old 80s show “The Greatest American Hero” was better than Jessica Jones, for me.

Well yeah, duh. A superhero comedy is better than an angst-filled suicidal superhero show? But you gotta judge the angst-filled suicidal superhero on a different set of criteria. It’s not “does this show make me laugh”, instead it’s “does this character experience growth, do I feel empathy for these characters, does the show do a good job keeping me interested”, etc.

That’s the criteria where Jessica Jones usually failed for most of the episodes. Same with Daredevil. The FX show a few months ago about Superheroes passed those criteria with flying colors. I highly recommend that one. I think @WhollySchmidt can help me with the name.

Legion?

Well, like most 80s shows, it has the power of the theme song to give it an unfair advantage. I still remember that fucking song after having watched a few episodes following Saturday morning cartoons, when I was a kid.

That’s the one! Thanks! I thought I remembered you were one of the ones watching that show while it aired this year.

@wumpus, I recommend that one.

I remember being weirded out by the Legion comic, but I’ll give the show a try!