Jessica Jones - from Marvel and Netflix

Reviews for the first few episodes of the second season are popping up and they’re not very encouraging.

That sucks, but on the other hand that’s sorta good news for me since now I won’t feel obligated to delve back in and try to finish season one.

If season 2 is meh, that is more consistent for me… I never got what was supposed to be so dang great about this show in the first place.

The end of Episode S1E9, IIRC. Otherwise, it was kind of melancholy for the sake of being depressing. But I do remember thinking Episode 9 was great.

It’s at 80% so far at RT. That’s certainly not as good as DD1 or Luke Cage, and we’ll see where it ends up. But it’s not a flop (yet, heh) either.

Was that Benny the cab driver in Ep 6?!

I don’t know where you got this from, but we watched this over the weekend and while it’s maybe not recapturing the magic of the first season, it’s very strong and well done. Highly recommended.

I actually like this season better. I love all the issues they are dealing with: her alcoholism, her feminism and the multiple instances of gender reversals, her balancing people being scared of her and wanting to avoid her, etc. The sister side plot however, with the music video and everything is beyond dumb, it made me not care about that character at all. And boy, there sure is a lot of neck snapping in this one!

I’m about 2/3 through, pretty good so far.

Well, it was to show that “Patsy” was an insufferable douche asshole. Who Jessica managed to turn around and save in the end. Also it showed her previous addiction issues and how it nearly killed her, which was relevant.

Yeah, I think I’m liking this season better than the first. She’s a stronger character, and its not about her super powers at all. In fact she’s barely used them.

Agree about the sister plot, though. Makes you want to see her just go ahead and OD and die.

I dunno about that. The only place I know about Patsy Walker, Hellcat, is from the She-Hulk comics that focused on She-Hulk as a lawyer. In that series, Hellcat was a cool, low-powered hero that was pretty good at fisticuffs. I’m really intrigued (as of about episode 7) to see if and how Trish the lame talk radio host turns into a superhero in her own right.

I thought Hellcat was a guy that wore a cat costume. He was voiced by Dennis Farina In the JLA series.

“Anything to declare?”
“Yeah… don’t go to London”.

I dunno much about these funnybooks, but apparently she’s been kicking around since… 1944?

That catguy you mentioned sounds familiar from over in the DC side of the street.

Wildcat is the gruff old dude who trains the JSA and a variety of young superheroes in melee combat in the DC universe.

Whoops, wrong IP!

For me this season, like the first one, peaked around episode 8 and then slid back down to the level of its first two episodes. The ending was just f’n awful. Episodes 3-8 though, man, I binged those Mon night after planning on watching just a few and calling it an early night; instead I was up until close to 1am.

Agree that the final episode was pretty bad. Mostly setting up a 3rd season, and the resolution of JJ’s big problem was dreadful.

I really wish they’d go to 10-episode seasons. 13 is just dragging things out, with obvious filler.

Watched episode 8 last evening and don’t really know why I continue to bother, so far it’s just awful. For me the first season was easily worse than Iron Fist, but this is on a new level entirely. The amount of filler has also somehow increased (which was already impossibly high in the Netflix Marvel shows).

I Watched 2 episodes and bailed. It’s just boring. Netflix needs to get better writers or something for these shows, maybe poach some from Gotham or Agents :(

And killing mundane flash is such a bad decision. It would be great seeing a superhero character who doesn’t look or behave according to usual tropes. I was so happy to see he wasn’t a nut job, and they drop a scaffolding on him.

I finished watching this recently and I have to agree with whats been said. Everyone but the hispanic neighbor and the black neighbor are so unlikeable, I have never rooted for the cops just to shoot everyone and call it a day. Usually at the end of a season i am excited to see what comes next, Not here.