Jet Set Radio? No, Bomb Rush Cyberfunk

From Team Reptile, makers of Lethal League. Hideki Naganuma doing music.

OK, that looks like it should scratch that particular itch, I’ll take it.

You got to know your chicken.

Wow, that’s so blatantly the Jet Set Radio aesthetic.

Fingers crossed that it’s more like JSR Future, and not the original.

Hideki Naganuma did the music on JSR. This is a fine Sega if you wont make it we will project. They aren’t the first to try though there’s been a couple of others.

The music part makes me hopeful, but if we’re not literally getting a remaster of the original games, then I hope they give us a worthy but modern take. I’m a little worried they’re going to stay too close to the originals. I hope it’s more like the way Streets of Rage 4 modernized the franchise while staying true to its past.

Goddamn I loved these games. Please let this come to Xbone. Please.

Love the look!

I wish the gameplay video actually showed me what the gameplay was because I’m still confused.

Releasing August 18 on Switch and PC, other platforms later.

https://twitter.com/reptilegames/status/1648725144313929729?s=46&t=q1HWZnapBhcdbtSNUtA10w

Everything I said above is still true. It looks exactly like I remember JSR/F. Maybe side by side there would be obvious improvements, but it still looks “old”.

A modern Jet Set Radio should look more like Hi-Fi RUSH.

New trailer! Looking pretty sweet - plus release dates, looks like PC and Switch releases August 18, Playstation and Xbox get it on September 1.

Who’s taking a chance on this first? I’m still more skeptical than excited.

I’ll wait for the Xbox release if it’s good. But on the other hand, the Xbox release will be around the time of Starfield, so maybe not yet. I wish it was coming to all consoles today, not just Switch.

What I’m getting from ~20 minutes of watching someone stream it is a lot of lifeless cutscenes of conversations.

Uh oh. That reminds me of Jet Set Radio, rather than the superior sequel JSRF which got rid of most of that.

Mh, it’s quite expensive for an indie title, and it seems they added day 1 DLC as well. Full package is nearly 60$. That’s a price range that offers a lot more enticing offerings.

Judging from the forums, there’s control issues galore, and I can’t say the gameplay vids I’ve seen have me convinced so far. No official reviews have materialized as of yet, kinda looks like a rushed ninja release.

What does “Mh” mean?

Seems to be getting very good reviews. Just an unfortunate time to release because I have zero time to play it.

Got any good links to reviews? I’ve seen John Linneman briefly tweet that he loves it, but this is the rare situation where I’m not sure I trust his opinion.