Jill Carroll freed

Holy shit.

Well, that’s good news. Glad to hear that she’s okay.

bad news: 2940223 posts.
good news: 2 posts.

Reality should produce more good news!

On a related note, that she didn’t immediately call for the death of her captors on release appears to have set the wingnuts off.

Imus.

[INDENT]MCGUIRK: She strikes me as the kind of woman who would wear one of those suicide vests. You know, walk into the — try and sneak into the Green Zone.
IMUS: Oh, no. No, no, no, no.
MCCORD: Just because she always appears in traditional Arab garb and wearing a burka.
MCGUIRK: Yeah, what’s with the head gear? Take it off. Let’s see.

MCCORD: Exactly. She cooked with them, lived with them.
IMUS: This is not helping.
MCGUIRK: She may be carrying Habib’s baby at this point.

IMUS: She could. It’s not like she was representing the insurgents or the terrorists or those people.
MCCORD: Well, there’s no evidence directly of that –

IMUS: Oh, gosh, you better shut up!

MCGUIRK: She’s like the Taliban Johnny or something.

[/INDENT]

I thought the Don Imus conversation was really amusing. Don’t make the mistake of taking it seriously though :)

Imus?

Imus?

Puh-leeze.

Ok, how about Howard Kurtz?
[SIZE=2][SIZE=2][/SIZE][/SIZE]

On top of all this, Jill Caroll disavowed all those statements once she was free and clear.

I’d like to see if Imus and his ilk would refuse to make “statements” if they were subjected to torture and death threats.

…Who?

And why do Conservatives care what …whoever this guy is… says?

Edit: OK, I read the article, and as is blatantly obvious to anyone who actually bothered to read the damn thing, he wrote it before her second interview:

So using something he clearly wrote before she’d given her second interview (and disavowed everything she said) seems like blatant partisan disingenuousness.

Whatever this site is you’re quoting from, Jason, they’re not exactly giving you the whole picture.

Isn’t Imus, like, Howard Stern Lite? Howard Stern without strippers?

If someone worth a damn has something to say, let me know.

I thought she said after she was released that she hadn’t been harmed or threatened with harm.

Of course, I would make statements if they threatened to took away my internet access.

Edit: Ok, I’ve read her statement. I guess she did still feel threatened during that post-release interview.

Maybe it’s just me, but I’m not following how you start calling someone a terror-lover when they don’t start screaming about how bad their captors were within 15 seconds of release. In fact, I’m not seeing how you criticize what they say at all, regardless of what it is.

How do you get

you start calling someone a terror-lover when they don’t start screaming about how bad their captors were within 15 seconds of release

from

I hope she’ll be able to share a fuller account of her ordeal soon.

I’d appreciate it if you could connect the dots for me. How do you derive your statement from what this Kurtz fellow said?

I realize this may seem a wee bit pedantic, but in my house, we have different religions, different politics, different cultures; we have to be pedantic to communicate. I realize most people avoid talking at any level with anyone who disagrees with them about such things. So if you think this is a somehow unreasonable request, let me know.

I really do want to see how you get this understanding given the text provided.

That was in reference to

MCGUIRK: She may be carrying Habib’s baby at this point.
, and Kurtz continuing his job of mainstreaming toned-down wingnut stuff like that.