Jim Henson

I love this blooper reel from Emmet Otter.

I miss Jim Henson. I miss The Muppet Show.

• Alan

Same here.

The only Muppet thing I’ve ever seen is Muppet Christmas Carol, but this is making me want to go rent some DVDs!

3 seasons of The Muppet Show are available on DVD. Totally worth the purchasing.

Muppet’s Treasure Island is my favorite adaptation of that story.

With the great John Hurt and a muppet dog, no less.

mah na mah na:

I’m partial to Fozzie’s “Ah, a bear in his natural habitat… A Studebaker.”

But picking favorite lines from The Muppet Movie is like eating the yummiest chocolates. They’re all delicious.

“Bear left!”
“Right, frog!”

I thought I had heard that there’s a new Muppet movie in production. But that was a long time ago and I haven’t heard anything since. I love A Muppet Christmas Carol.

The muppets occupied a central place in my mythology growing up and Henson and Oz were integral to it.

Now I’m going to have to revive The Muppet Movie with my kid this weekend. I already picked Airplaine!, so this will be either a tough decision for me or a lame weekend lined up for her. ;)

More raw “Bear in his natural habitat” stuff in part 2 of the camera test. Also, cows! (3:44). No one can beat Fozzie (and Kermit) entertaining a bunch of cows. I think that’s the first time I’ve heard Jim Henson (and maybe Frank Oz) actually laugh out loud.

Thirded. Sigh.

Nah. Just showing some videos to my little bro and he loved them, so it all escalated with us both looking for stuff to show each other.

Swedish chef cracks me up every time.

There is.