JK Rowling will never leave the Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Warner Brothers announced that she’s writing a screenplay for the first in a new series of movies based in Harry Potter’s world.

“It all started when Warner Bros. came to me with the suggestion of turning ‘Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them’ into a film,” said Rowling. “I thought it was a fun idea, but the idea of seeing Newt Scamander, the supposed author of ‘Fantastic Beasts,’ realized by another writer was difficult. Having lived for so long in my fictional universe, I feel very protective of it and I already knew a lot about Newt. As hard-core Harry Potter fans will know, I liked him so much that I even married his grandson, Rolf, to one of my favourite characters from the Harry Potter series, Luna Lovegood.”

“As I considered Warners’ proposal, an idea took shape that I couldn’t dislodge. That is how I ended up pitching my own idea for a film to Warner Bros.”

“Although it will be set in the worldwide community of witches and wizards where I was so happy for seventeen years, ‘Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them’ is neither a prequel nor a sequel to the Harry Potter series, but an extension of the wizarding world. The laws and customs of the hidden magical society will be familiar to anyone who has read the Harry Potter books or seen the films, but Newt’s story will start in New York, seventy years before Harry’s gets underway.”

If they make one, people will come. For at least the first one anyway. I am surprised she isn’t writing it as a book first.

Warner Brothers wants their Potter equivalent of the current Hobbit series to continue the money train.

I look forward to the announcement that the first film in this series has been broken up into a three film series.

My daughter is a huge Potter fan and she was bouncing off the walls when I told her about the announcement. I think the world Rowling built is pretty neat and I’m actually looking forward to seeing what she does with this one.

Three?..Pshh they got 8 movies out of Harry Potter.

Well I’m pretty excited. Loved the books and the latter movies. I can’t imagine how exciting it must be to have a major film studio ask you for a movie in a world you invented.

I read that Rowling is doing this as a last ditch effort to save Downton Abbey. Third footmen don’t pay for themselves.

Actually, old sport, I think that by now she’s probably the landlord threatening to throw the Granthams out on their bums.

err this is already a book. She wrote it for a charity organisation, comic relief, in 2001. Comes as a two piece set with Quidditch Through The Ages.

Principal photography has started on this. David Yates directing.

Academy Award winner Eddie Redmayne (“The Theory of Everything”) stars as Newt Scamander, the wizarding world’s preeminent magizoologist, who stops in New York following his travels to find and document magical creatures.

“Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them” also stars Katherine Waterston (“Inherent Vice”) as Tina; Alison Sudol (“Dig,” “Transparent”) as Tina’s sister, Queenie; Tony Award winner Dan Fogler (“The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee”) as Jacob; Ezra Miller (“Trainwreck”) as Credence; two-time Oscar nominee Samantha Morton (“In America,” “Sweet and Lowdown”) as Mary Lou; Jenn Murray (“Brooklyn”) as Chastity; young newcomer Faith Wood-Blagrove as Modesty; and Colin Farrell (“True Detective”) as Graves.

November 18, 2016

My strong suspicion is we get the Wizarding World we deserve.

I feel very protective of it and I already knew a lot about Newt. As hard-core Harry Potter fans will know, I liked him so much that I even married his grandson, Rolf, to one of my favourite characters from the Harry Potter series, Luna Lovegood."

This really reads as it was written by a fanfiction writer.

FTFY!

Ah yes, but will Quidditch require liability waivers this time?

First look at Eddie Redmayne as Newt Scamander

Interesting. I’ve been slowing working through the movies over the last couple of weeks. Usually just an hour here / there late at night before bed. I’m at about an hour left in the last movie and, overall, I’ve enjoyed. Definitely some week spots, but I fully admit to being a fan. It was actually the audiobooks read by Stephen Fry that hooked me.

Jim Dale did the American audio books, and they are spectacular.

“Teaser Trailer”

Looks fun, great set up.