John McCain diagnosed with brain cancer

Ugh. I knew this was coming, but still sad. He’s probably got 1-2 weeks tops.

Sad news, great American.

I’d be surprised if it’s a week.

He held on a lot longer than I thought he could. He’s a fighter.

I probably would have too after listening to Lindsey the other day.

Seriously, though, that is sad news.

I’m sure he wanted to see the end of the Trump era.

Gone already.

Damn. R.I.P.

I may not have agreed with most of McCain’s politics, but there’s no doubt that this was a guy that really loved his country and was trying to do what he thought was best for it.

This very much.

I can’t think of many people who gave as much to their country as Senator McCain.

It’s sad that of all the voices in the GOP, this was the one we had to lose.

Ahh, damn. That’s sad.

Like @Telefrog, I wasn’t necessarily a fan of a lot of McCain’s politics but that guy was a real patriot in a time when the word has been cheapened.

Existential comics has some really great folks following them.

This made me smile.

RIP. For now I’ll just say two things. This country would be a much better place today if you could replace the current crop of Republicans with McCain on one of his better days; and that it was McCain who passed on the Steele dossier to the FBI. We can only hope that the Lindsay Grahams of DC take this occasion to reflect on what they have become.

We’ll always have this:

RIP. True American who lived and embodied the values our country was founded on.

… but I’ll always remember him as the guy who sold out to the W. era Republican Party to get a Presidential nomination and when on the ropes, sold out again and kicked off the Tea Party.

I’ll concede he had his good days; too bad they were so many other days in between.