Journalism Sucks

STOP THE FUCKING PRESSES!

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/ap/20030107/ap_en_ce/grammy_lavigne_gaffe&e=1

Now if we could only get the press to pay this much attention to the rest of the world outside of the US, Americans might actually know something.

It’s true. I bet Kim Jong Il has mispronounced David Bowie’s name countless times, but thanks to lackluster journalism, we Americans will never know about it.

I always look for my hard hitting news in the Gossip/Celebrity section of the paper. What do the soap stars feel about Saddam? What teen pop star thinks Castro is cute? What the fuck did you think you were going to find in the Gossip/Celebrity section??

Chet

I’m still trying to get hold of Sean Penn’s first-hand report from his recent fact-finding trip to Baghdad.

Avril Lavigne is basically only one quarter note more serious than Britney “MysteryBoobs” Spears, so I’m not surprised to find out that she isn’t an ultra-pronunciation wiz.

But then again, what the hell difference does it make if a here-today-gone-tomorrow pop star mispronounces the name of a washed up pop star?

A mash note from you to Justin Timberlake’s ball sack.

Jesus, can someone wake me up when her 15 minutes is over?