Judge Dredd TV series coming!

Good news everyone!

Wonder if they can get Karl Urban back for the title role? I really dug the movie.

Keep in mind that IM Global has yet to actually produce anything that made it past development other than Ice on the Audience network.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_shows_produced_by_IM_Global_Television

That would be great. And while we’re at it, Alex Garland behind the camera.

Noted. I wonder if we’ll get to see Judge Death? Maybe the whole Deadworld bit?

I’ll believe it when I see it.

Hey, you guys take your healthy skepticism over to P&R where it can do some good. I’m ready to see some Megacity action.

“Hotshot!”

Agreed, he was very good as Dredd.

Dredd was sick as fuck, insofar as it was basically a scifi’ed up version of The Raid, which is basically perfect already.

I wonder if Dredd will be a raging totalitarian fascist who would execute someone for dropping a chewing gum wrapper*, because the movies toned that whole complete bastard thing right down.

*i still love him for it

If Brian Fuller writes it, we’ll find his murderous authoritarian antics to be lovable, identifiable, and more than a little sexy. Judge Death will agree ;-) ;-) ;-)

They toned it down, but Dredd still threatened to throw a guy into cold sleep just for loitering. It’s kind of integral to his character to be a fascist, authoritarian jerk. Might also make him more marketable to the Midwest too!

They released a whole bunch of Dredd novels in the 90s which Ive read and re-read a million times and think indeed that a few of them are my favourite Dredd stories ever (Wetworks, Dredd Dominion, Deathmasques). If you can find them I do recommend. Especially the ones with Armitage.

edit: I was at the 2000AD exhibition at the Comic Museum a few weeks ago. here’s an original you may recognise.

Zarjaz! I hope this happens (and is done well). There is no shortage of good adaptable source material! A weekly visual Prog, ahh… :)

So they’re at least talking with Karl Urban, that’s a good sign …

This could potentially be very good.

It doesn’t actually say they’ve talked to him about this specific project, yet:

We have had many conversations prior to this, about all sorts of things. … we’re going to have some long and complicated conversations I would imagine, and we’ll see where we go.

They’re talking about talking to him. :) But it is a good sign they want him, and from what I understand he was actively keen to reprise the role, at least for another film.

I don’t get the love for the Urban Dredd movie. To me, it seemed like a low budget cheap but enjoyable movie, where they could have swapped Urban for pretty much any other actor. The Stallone movie however, seemed completely in theme and style with the comics I bought in newsprint as a kid.

It’s not that I don’t think Urban isn’t a good actor, but rather I hope they don’t use the Urban movie as a baseline.

The production design in the Stallone film was great, but he was a terrible Dredd. The Urban film didn’t feel much like Mega-City One to me but at least it didn’t have Rob Schneider…

I liked both Stallone and Schneider. The casting was perfect to me, and maybe it reflected more on the production qualities of the Urban film than Urban necessarily, but at least Stallone had the chin and a decent helmet.

I wonder what the odds are of this tv show making it to air are. I expect pretty low, unfortunately.

Which he only wore for half the film. Sacrilege!! ;)

I wonder what the odds are of this tv show making it to air are. I expect pretty low, unfortunately.

Yeah I don’t have a lot of faith in it happening either.