Judging interest in a Founding Fathers forum game.

I did!

Indeed. It’s been a long day already! Looks like we will have a full game of folks. We just need to decide who to run it. I am happy to run a game, or play if someone else would rather run it.

OK I think we have a full game with @Panzeh and @CF_Kane deciding which one of them wants to play and which one will moderate. Other players in no particular order are @Ironsight, @Kolbex, @Navaronegun, @Brooski, and @Cuthbert.

Unless there is a strong objection we’ll play the base game with no expansions or optional rules added.

It looks like the starting factions are always the same, so if someone has an agreeable method of randomizing us 1-6 we can figure out who we are.

I think we need to let @Panzeh and @CF_Kane sort out who is playing and who is moderating. Once that is settled I suggest the moderator start his own thread for the actual game and this thread can be locked. He could just roll a die to match up players with factions, or maybe he will have some other preferred method.

That makes sense. But consider: I am extremely impatient and get very excited about games!

I, unfortunately, will have to wait for my copy to be delivered (shipping March 4), so there may be some delay before I can host. In the meantime, I can work on putting together a tracker for the game. I can’t promise pretty, but it will be at least functional.

I’m surprised there’s no team variant, liberals vs conservative and then the person with the most influence on the most dominant side wins

I roughed out a google docs spreadsheet that can work as a tracker.

Comments or suggestions appreciated. Right now the individual player tabs pull data over from the main tracking sheet. I’m thinking that in a later version I might want to have specific player spreadsheets for each player that contains hidden information (cards in hand).

I suppose that I will also have to add office held and a space for the number of times a statesman has been elected president in the next version as well.

I will also need to add an elections tracker.

That’s roughly how the two player variant works, but I think it’s more interesting to have to potentially work both parties to see about helping yourself the most.

@CF_Kane - That looks very good. Not sure if I missed it but you might need a way to mark the current President and Vice President. Also do we need a box to mark whether the 12th amendment has passed, a box to indicate if the Theory of Judicial Review is in effect, and a section for passed tariffs?

Made some revisions here. I won’t be able to do the election tracker until I get my copy of the game though–I need the state cards.

@CF_Kane Looks great. Hopefully both our games will ship on March 4th, arrive a couple of days later, and we’ll be good to go. Any idea where they ship from?

Edit - Looks like they are in Wisconsin.

You know, I’m gonna be out of touch for most of April, so maybe I’d better bow out of this after all. :(

Sorry to hear that @Kolbex. If enough of us have fun with the game there could be another one in the future.

I hope so!

I am 301 in the order queue.

I was in the 300’s after ordering last Thursday. Now I’m 160 so hopefully the queue is moving quickly and maybe it will ship before the March 4th date they gave me.

Was there someone else in one of the threads who expressed interest?

Just checked and I’m down to 117 in the queue. Won’t be long now, I hope. :)