Jumper

Jumper

Trailer looks interesting.

“Whoa.”

• Thomas Anderson

If that is in fact based on Steven Gould’s wonderful book of the same name (and it looks that way), then they’ve got it completely fucking wrong and need to die.

Or at least that’s the impression I get from a minute or so of trailer. ;P

According to wiki, yes it is an adaption of the novel.

All utilization, no exploration. I don’t know if I’m in a small club, but I much prefer the “figuring out how this works” parts of movies rather than the subsequent application to the plot. Also, I’m a fan of the books, so not terribly enthusiastic on that count, either.

H.

So I noticed they’re making a game based on the movie, and read certain details about the movie’s plot. To wit, Jumpers are an age old group with a genetic abnomaly that lets them jump. They’ve been fighting a secret war with some dickheads called the Paladins AND I NEED TO KILL THE SCRIPTWRITER NOW OMIGOD. strangles

Abnomaly? I know that isn’t a word, but it should be.

H.

I think there is a new trailer for this out, and it looks pretty slick but whenever a movie of this type gets released in February, you know it is asking for trouble.

Er. hangs head in shame over typo. Anomaly, I believe, would be what I meant. And that whole secret war plotline is a fucking abomination. First of all, it’s terribly tired and hackneyed. Second of all it completely and utterly misses the point of the book, which was about what it was like to be a young, abused boy who can suddenly teleport. It’s a story about him coming to terms with his parents (or not getting the chance to, in the case of his mother), figuring out what he can do with his newfound powers (and yes, sometimes using them irresponsibly), and finding himself a life he can live with. There’s also some action with terrorists and the government trying to find him so that they can study his powers, 'cause really, what do you expect? But it is MOST CERTAINLY NOT about a fucking secret war between ancient enemies. strangles

(Edit: Also, the much more recent sequel makes it clear that the teleportation powers are in fact a learned behavior and not the result of genetics, but I could forgive them for changing that up…all it does is remove the possibility of them making a sequel that has anything to do with the book sequel.)

Saw this trailer over the weekend before I am Legend.

I thought it looked pretty cool, though I don’t usually like HC. But then again, a) I didn’t read the book this was apparently adapted from, b) I liked Journeyman and c) I liked I am Legend, so I’m some sort of philistine anyways.

Trippy commercial within a commercial for Jumper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7_k8kz99Hg

The movie looks interesting, but it’s one of those “let someone else watch it first” kind of movies.

I’ve liked every movie Doug Liman has done so I’m looking forward to this one.

From the trailer before Cloverfield, it looks like it could be the fun kind of dumb.

That link hurts my brain, its like a logic error…i keep going, how stupid, you couldn’t possibly teleport into a commercial thats not live…

Saw this the other day. Not as good as I thought it was going to be; not as bad either.

I felt that the plot was greatly under-developed (due to short running time), which is a shame because I would have loved to know more about ‘the war’ between the two types.

Anakin Skywalker’s acting was good in this flick; un-wooden!

Final verdict: Good. Worth the price of a cheap ticket.

If this movie does well, there will be others. It’s planned to be a series of movies.

You could really tell that from this one. It was all set up and no resolution. I liked it well enough to hope they get to make more. I want to see where the story is going.

Is this going to be a trend with movies? Having a pilot movie, then seeing if it will be worth while to create more?

I hope they do greenlight the next Jumper movie.

Plot was light, but sweet effects and Rachel Bilson are a nice match.

Yeah, overall, an awesome action movie. The plot was fine the way it was (Thank you for not getting into any science about how jumping works, kthxbye), and I had a good time watching it.

Hoping for more.