Jupiter Hell - turn based shooter/roguelike

You mentioned Marine and I just realised I’ve never utilised his active ability. I’m not sure if that’s a gamechanger or just a minor buff, but I definitely need to remember to try it out!

Stone Soup was my first roguelike also. Played it regularly for a couple of years and managed a single win, though I consider it one of my greatest gaming achievements.

I bounced off Brogue when I tried it a few years later, but then gave it another shot last year - turns out it’s really good! Never won but got as far as depth 20. My one claim to fame is that I got the devs to make a change to the wording used when leaving the game (Quit Without Saving was changed to Abandon Run), after a misunderstanding cost me a good run. :D

Cogmind is super deep and the dev is extremely active. You could waste a day reading his dev blogs.

ToME I bought on Steam simply because I wanted to contribute to a roguelike ‘going mainstream’. From what I’ve seen/read there’s a lot of variety between races/classes which explains how people have put so much time into it. I think I only played for a few hours, not nearly enough to get comfortable with it, so I need to give it another try.

The Marine’s adrenaline is basically a free heal. It’s slightly useful -.-

I saw an elevator to the Dark Cathedral, so I had to go in. It happened to be very worth the trip. After surviving it, I died to explosive barrels. Much Doom.