Jurassic World: Dominion - Sam Neill and Laura Dern are back

Odds that the short we saw is better than the actual movie? Gotta be in the high 80% range, right?

That looks like some extremely well-done CG. I stopped getting my hopes up after Jurassic Park III, so I’ll wait for reviews on this before getting excited.

Wow that was beautiful.

Where is the lady who runs around in high heels, if she doesn’t do that in this movie, I am sure it will bomb.

Agreed, that was a beautiful trailer.

Hmm, perhaps this movie isn’t what I am expecting.

So… the last movie was so bad, we had to bring back most of the original cast.

:D

It’s the rare trailer that I actually watched, since I don’t care about spoiling myself about these movies.

Wow, the dinosaurs look so fake in this. I wonder why? Like in that opening shot with the herd, it looks like a bunch of fake dinosaurs imposed onto a scene without any. I think it’s because the vegetation underneath them doesn’t move enough? And then later it’s the same with a lot of the other dinosaurs shown inside towns. Maybe the shadows don’t look right? Anyway, it just looks as if a dinosaur has been superimposed onto the image.

Hopefully they’ll improve that a LOT for the final release.

It looked pretty standard for the series, I thought

I thought the CGI was great, but the action sequences were pretty boring. And the less said about the non-action parts, the better.

Hey someone watched this! Thanks for taking one for the team @jsnell . :)

One of the reasons Jurassic World was so unexpected and different is that Bryce Dallas Howard made for a pretty unorthodox villain. And she didn’t even get her comeuppance.

Who plays the villain in this one?

Colin Trevorrow, I would assume.

Yeah didn’t her assistant in JW get randomly killed by a dino?

Her assistant, played by the stunning Katie McGrath, dies an absurdly horrific death. Meanwhile, BDH’s character should in no way be walking free after the events of that movie.

https://youtu.be/LBTE3aH5gpw

I forgot how much I disliked JW, thanks for the refresher. :)

Watched this one today with the kids, because the eldest boy is dino crazy.

Not much to comment upon it.

• The original cast trio by far the best part of this. Their chemistry remains excellent, and Goldblum chews scenery like no one else.
  • Howard and Pratt have zero chemistry and they’re trying so hard to look like they’re in love.
  • Black airlady is cool… but very unmotivated.

Overall, though, I suppose it was actually better than expected, because my expectations were already so low to begin with. But the thought that really struck me as I left, was that this might as well have been a Transformers movie, just with huge Dinosaurs (biggest yet, of course) instead of giant robots.

I had a ball watching this one because I’ve loved dinosaurs as long as I can remember.

Two new dino’s in particular are just phenomenal. Ark players will recognize the “terror bird” or something like that and another one with feathers as well. They were all kind of awesomesauce and easily the best monsters I’ve seen in film since the last Jur-ass-has-had-it park.

I think having every type of cancer in existence at the same time would be better than this movie.