Jurassic World Evolution by Frontier Developments

Due out Summer 2018. Can’t wait, I spent an obscene amount of time playing Operation Genesis.

PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One

I’m guardedly enthusiastic

There was this Jurassic Park game for the GBA that had you making a park. It was similar to a simpler Rollercoaster Tycoon. I played that game a ton.

Needless to say this has my attention.

Dinopark Tycoon?

No no no, their next project was supposed to be Planet Safari! They had reserved the name for copyright and everything.

I wasn’t expecting a fully licensed Jurassic Park game. Looks pretty good, I’ll be picking this one up for sure.

That’s the one!

This confirmed it. I remember that game.

There was also a Jurassic Park 3 Park Builder that I also played, I think. I like Tycoon games, what can I say. It’s no coincidence that I also love RRT and Rollercoaster Tycoon, or that my favorite board game was, for years, Railroad Tycoon/ Railways of the World.

I assume Vegasaurus is so expensive because it comes with its own sniper.

Where are all the feathers? Somewhere over 50% of the Jurassic creatures are theorized to have had feathers or at least small clumps of them.

The game is always going to match its source material. The film series started way before the feathers were widely accepted by science, and I doubt they’re planning to add them in to the new film for the sake of scientific accuracy. :)

Personally I’d love to see an option for feathers, but given the amount of extra work that would entail I’m not holding out much hope.

The licensed Jurassic World mobile game has feathered dinos:

I know I should run, but instead I want to stand and laugh.

Damn you people and your desire for feathers!

Looking good!

Jurassic World addressed this in a way:

Henry Wu: You are acting like we are engaged in some kind of mad science. But we are doing what we have done from the beginning. Nothing in Jurassic World is natural. We have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And, if their genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn’t ask for reality. You asked for more teeth.

Some original cast voice talent! :D

This is coming out in June. Also check out the first lets play video by some devs:

Honestly, it looks amazing. It’s such a gorgeous game. I like that the management of the park isn’t like a reskin of Planet Coaster (at least from first glance). I like that to relocate a dinosaur you assign helicopters to tranq and transport them, and you can take direct control of the helicopter and fire the tranq gun yourself! Such a cool effect.

They talk about storms taking out power and fences, allowing your predators to go hunting for tastier meats. Hopefully they do that part well. Speaking of predators, the live bait platform is hilarious, those poor unsuspecting goats!

The one downside is that the guests look to be just aimlessly wondering around and not looking at the dinosaurs, except the ones entering the glassed viewing building for the herbivores. Hopefully they’ll also be able to watch them from the sidewalk too.

I really hope their next game is a zoo tycoon type.

You should email David Braben and ask him to add that option into the game, cause I’d be all behind that gameplay as well!

Looking really good, a part of me is sad though its not the original park theme, much nostalgia for the vehicle tour.

jpf

This looks absolutely wonderful. I guess I won’t have to spend ridiculous money on a used copy of Operation Genesis after all…