Jurassic World Evolution by Frontier Developments

Enjoying this as is the kid.

Spent about the same amount of time the first play, 3 hours or so, as I did with Surviving Mars and Cities:Skyline but this is the only one I want to play again. Just want to unlock all those other dinos!

1 million copies sold.

More content drops planned!

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=439652

This exchange from another thread earlier this year.

And now this.

Very nice. City builders are popular.

Er… In this case Park Builder I guess.

But is it good? This thread is awfully silent for such a high profile release.

Goodish, I enjoyed it a lot for about 20 hours, but opening up some of the content got too grindy to me. I wish it had a little more Tropico design, or better yet a building narrative to open up new challenges. Ranks below Evil Genius worthy for me.

Seems like a game I rather pick up in a sale.

1.4 Update!

Is it just me, or does this give off the feeling of doing the bare minimum?

I wonder how this will be:

Yea, that is a “patch” by any other game.

Frontier financials out

No hard new sales numbers but:

Also:

And it seems like they settled with Atari over the Rollercoaster Tycoon royalties

1.5 update news!

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/456305-Important-Update-1-5-coming-soon!

I hope this goes on a major discount sale sometime.

It was 30% off at Halloween. It will probably be at least that in the winter sale.

It’s currently 60% off ($21.99) on the Steam Autumn Sale. I bought it yesterday and finding it kind of fun and relaxing. Not much gameplay there IMO but I like dinosaurs!

I’ve been on the fence and am tempted to bite (pun intended) at that price.

Kind of annoyed I bought it at 30% off now. Haven’t even installed it.

Actually I just uninstalled it. If this were an earlier era I would have flung the CD case across the room. This is a sim-type game WITH NO FUCKING PAUSE BUTTON.

In 2018.

What the F’ing F?

I’ve never returned something to Steam but I’m tempted to do so.

Oh and spare me the alternate POV/design philosophy on lack of pause. For this type of game, for me, pause is non-negotiable, full stop. Maybe it’s a GREAT philosophy but for me, it’s NO SALE.

Edit: put in a request for a refund to my Steam Wallet. There’s plenty of other stuff for me to spend this money on.

Le sigh. I was kinda enjoying the mellow dino milieu, but honestly, DONT MAKE ME COME OVER THERE AND INSTALL A PAUSE BUTTON (or a save anywhere button or a NO GODDAMN JUMPING PUZZLES button).

I hope that I have provided your necessary cranky old dude ranting on Thanksgiving time for today. Next!

Honestly, for me, it isn’t even a type of game thing. All games require a pause option. No pause, no sale, 100% guaranteed.

I got two little kids. When I need to pause the game because a kid is screaming bloody murder, that means I need to stop rightthefucknow.