Jurassic World Evolution by Frontier Developments

Steam page:

2 weeks to go!

Frontier has done an astounding job at making sure there are absolutely no pre-order discounts available for the PC version. I also heard there will be no early release to streamers. It’s a tight ship this time around, compared to Planet Coaster.

Any idea why? I’m concerned there won’t be enough content/depth.

While I had no problem paying $70 for Wing Commander 30-odd years ago, those days are long gone. $55-60 is a bit rich for a new PC game these days, and I, for one, will be waiting for a sale.

Same. The game looks beautiful, but for me the real question is whether the gameplay systems are detailed and dynamic enough to hold interest for more than a dozen hours. The fact that there is no sandbox mode and only a campaign is suspicious (correct me if I am wrong about that).

This does not instill confidence.

A few news articles I found, not much hype atm for this.

Also NO MOD SUPPORT… :(

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/jurassic-world-evolution-will-not-support-mods-due-to-licensing-and-quality-reasons/

I’m plenty hyped. And I’m seeing it covered a fair bit in my Youtube subscriptions.

I am an old man, I need the written words.

I am sure they are riding the license to get some umph, but I wish they had just done a generic if that meant mod support. This genre is pretty tough without custom content.

I hope its a huge success for Frontier and they are bathing in money. That way they can afford more resources for Elite Dangerous.

I’m hyped, just not $55 worth of hype. I’ll likely wait for a sale.

The premise of this game excites me, but I have my doubts about their ability to execute. I’ll wait for some impressions before buying in.

The PCGamesN preview really doesn’t say much at all. It seems like you’re going to run out of things to do really quick.

That’s kind of a death sentence for a strategy/tycoon title.

I’ve already pre-ordered. My son’s last day of Kinder is this Friday, and he’s been talking non-stop about building Jurassic Park with me.

Obsidian Ant is streaming it now.

Fraser at RPS wasn’t too impressed, other than the dinosaurs themselves

Whew… that is a brutal ending to his write up.

Jurassic World Evolution is the most boring of all possible outcomes for a dinosaur theme park sim. There’s no outlet for creativity and, aside from the prehistoric pals you might make, managing the parks just isn’t a lot of fun. By the time I’d unlocked enough to make the sandbox mode live up to its name, I realised I had nothing left to build.

As someone more into the management side of park sims, the creativity aspect doesn’t bother me too much. There’s always Planet Coaster for that. But his comments about the simplicity of dino/visitor needs aren’t promising.