Just when you though it was safe to ignore collectible card games, Mythgard shows up [review]

The code to unlock all basic green cards is up. I guess I’m not supposed to retype it here? Annoyingly, it’s in a Slovak-language website. Click the blue button (“Suhlasim”) to accept … cookies (I think)? Then scroll down a bit til you see an image of the ‘redeem code’ UI. If you’re nervous about doing this, I guess I could just PM you the code. I’m just reluctant to restate it here openly – don’t want to get Tom or me in trouble.

https://www.sector.sk/novinka/256328/peter-hu-diablo-2-torchlight-o-kartovke-mythgard-a-rozdavacka-bohatych-balickov-do-hry.htm

Fucking hilarious. Two month wait for a Slovak site to post the code for them.

This is what’s going to make Mythgard finally turn a profit.

I don’t click website buttons I can’t read, but if anyone posts the code here, I might re-install Mythgard

Click link, scroll to pretty much bottom of the page. Copy bright yellowish-orange code. No Slovak or soul selling required.

Can’t someone just post the code? Who said we can’t post codes?

The devs asked people not to share codes so as to drive traffic to the sites hosting the codes. I don’t really know more than that.

Yeah, considering the site isn’t even English language, I feel tike there’s nothing wrong with posting a freebie code here. It’s not like posting the code is going to deprive the site with the chance to get loyal readers from this crowd.

The green code is: SectorDreni

The last code is out, on a German site. Good thing they hired a PR firm.

Get your codes now, because I’m estimating this game shuts down before 2022! It’s totally an interesting game and worth a look, like everyone here says.

So with all the codes redeemed, the game says I have 1095/1095 cards.

Solid job linking to the blog to get the code y’all. ;)

Clearly we need a PR firm.

Here are the links to each code, resulting in a complete Mythgard core set:

1. Red
  2. Orange
  3. Yellow
  4. Green
  5. Blue
  6. Purple (time code 13:33)

Promo codes can’t be entered in the iOS version, but they can be entered in the browser, Steam, and Android versions.

The promo code entry form can be found all the way to the right in the Store’s Home tab. It is case sensitive.

Edit:

Oh, and here are promo codes to get some cards from the two expansions:

Rings of Immortality packs
“LetTheGamesBegin”

Winter War pack and power
“enlist” or “resist” (can only choose one)

:3

I’ve spent more time entering codes than actually playing the game.

Mythgard has entered maintenance mode. :(

Or more positively, the card set is now fixed so it’s never been a better time to start collecting!

I personally have put the large part of my life savings into this game. Most of the team have worked at far below market rates to make it. All out of love for what we were doing. I’ll forever be in their debt for following me into this venture, for their tireless hard work, and for the precious things they’ve sacrificed on the way. As time passed, our team members have dropped off one by one due to a need to provide for their family and to seek some measure of financial security. I don’t think any of them did so because they truly wanted to. At last, our numbers have dwindled to the point that it’s simply no longer possible to continue creating additional content.

Yeah, that sucks.

I think one of the problems was it is kind of too similar to other CCGs (especially Magic) even though it has a lot of interesting and fresh mechanical layers. Maybe the free to play CCG market is overstaturated. I dunno.

I would go so far as to say this as a certainty. Since Hearthstone especially, there are a lot of them out there, and they don’t have much to differentiate them from one another.

They’re handing the game off to another company who plans to renew development.

Interesting. I wonder how often these dev team handoffs end up benefitting the game’s development?