Justice is also a good dish served cold

I live in Maryland and met Hitesh a while back. I had the misfortune of having to shop Pandora’s Cube. (Its a japanese pop culture import store with a fairly large gaming section) While in there, he was pushing his modded Xbox filled with pirated games. I made an off handed comment like “an xbox full of games you don’t have to pay for? Someone is likely to go to jail over that.” Which he got at vulgar claiming that I had no fucking clue what I was talking about.

So A big Nelson “HA HA” goes out to Mr. Hitesh Patel

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=569&Itemid=2

Three other Pandora’s Cube employees are expected to be sentenced by Judge Messitte next month: the owner of Pandora’s Cube, Biren Amin, of Laurel, MD; and two managers of Pandora’s Cube stores, Mrugesh Amin of Laurel, MD, and Herbie Walker of Hyattsville, MD.

Any word on if individual publishers or Microsoft are filing lawsuits? Also, is there a list of people who purchased the Xboxes? They would be next on the list if they took a stance similar to the RIAA.

I live in College Park and no idea that this place was even here. Shows the extent of my neighborhood knowledge.

Troy

Isn’t it odd that store employees are the ones going to jail here? Did the owner of the franchise not have a clue that this stuff was going on? And even if he didn’t, wouldn’t he still be somewhat liable for being so lax? Just seems weird for only employees to be getting nailed.

Dude this is america its par for the course.

Three other Pandora’s Cube employees are expected to be sentenced by Judge Messitte next month: the owner of Pandora’s Cube, Biren Amin, of Laurel, MD; and two managers of Pandora’s Cube stores, Mrugesh Amin of Laurel, MD, and Herbie Walker of Hyattsville, MD.

Reading are good.

Indeed. I have lived in DC, Bowie, and Annapolis, and I’ve never heard of this place. Go figure. Spent quite a bit of time in the College Park and Laurel areas. Weird.

E