Justice League - DC and Warner Bros' superpowered team-up movie

I’ll deny it all day. I frankly can’t stand the dark dreary it’s always night look of BvS among just about everything else in that pile of garbage movie.

Justice League Dark just lost Doug Limon as director.

Every now and then I see a story about this and I think “Oh, yeah. They’re actually serious about trying to do this movie.”

Can’t think of a worse replacement for Snyder than Whedon - aside from the latter being a creepy deranged lunatic lately, he might have been a good choice for a DC film pre-Avengers if DC decided to not retain the more realistic and grounded Nolan style, but injecting him into a Snyder movie that has already been at least 80% completed in a style similar to Man of Steel/BvS just seems as good an idea as adding fetid cream into a Heineken.

You may not like Heineken, and view it as as an unsophisticated beer that appeals to people who think that drinking European beer makes them more sophisticated without realizing how crass it is compared to alternatives, but it sure as hell ain’t going to improve by adding fetid cream to it.

I dunno man. Heineken alone is just objectively bad. Fetid cream has been shown to produce decent yogurt or even excellent cheese.

Heineken with yogurt sounds terrible, but is it going to be better or worse than Heineken alone? Tough call.

Haha, that’s actually the exact scene (which I saw on the weekend) that inspired my rant.

This rumor has been circling for a couple of weeks, but this is the first time it’s being reported by THR with their own source, which is generally pretty reliable. They’re on par with Variety for their reliability.

Yes, Warners’ film studio chief Toby Emmerich tells The Hollywood Reporter, “Ben is our Batman. We love him as Batman. We want to keep him in the cowl as long as we can.” And Matt Reeves, who will direct the studio’s still-undated (and unwritten) The Batman, has said that he means to keep Affleck in the role. But a source with knowledge of the situation says that the studio is working on plans to usher out Affleck’s Batman — gracefully, addressing the change in some shape or form in one of the upcoming DC films.

SDCC trailer:

Plus, WB confirmed that Flash movie is Flashpoint. See my previous post for implications.

Cyborg (and any battle scene shown) looks too much like a video game. Flash needs the guy from the TV show, this one is wrong. I didn’t even know Superman was dead. Glad to see half the trailer was essentially a Wonder Woman trailer. The trailer didn’t excite me so much as the chance to see more Wonder Woman on the big screen.

I guess the most charitable thing I can say is that this is just comic con “sneak peek footage”, not a true trailer. So the possibility exists that someone could someday produce a collection of footage from Justice League that would mean something.

Oh weird what’s this doing on my clipboard I don’t know what this has to do with anything

Who is the older guy with glasses?

Alfred? The one talking to Bruce Wayne about penguins?

Are you thinking of Commissioner Gordon?

CBR.com entertains speculation that a scene in the trailer teases a new character. The URL gives it away, so avoid that entirely if you don’t want to know who they think might be making an appearance. I can see why they’re suggesting this theory, but it’s not enough to convince me yet.

Hopefully Whedon can pull together something coherent and well-paced from the inevitable mess Snyder made.

Nope. I knew him instantly but I was blanking on Alfred (comes from not having seen the other DC films). It didn’t help I had the sound off.

I don’t think this latest trailer looks too bad. I mean it’s not discouraging me at least, and I still want more Wonder Woman.

I sort of laughed that apparently flying across a room into a leg sweep is becoming some sort of signature move for her.

Variety with some reporting on the reshoots:

The studio is spending approximately $25 million on extensive reshoots that have dragged on for roughly two months in London and Los Angeles, according to multiple insiders.

It’s standard for big Hollywood movies to schedule a few weeks of pick-up work, but the cost and time allotted to the work on “Justice League” is raising some eyebrows. Reshoots, or additional photography to use the preferred studio nomenclature, traditionally cost between $6 million to $10 million, and rarely have to juggle so many competing schedules. They typically last a week or two.

Heh, go figure.

Cavill’s issues are even more thorny. “Justice League’s” Man of Steel had expected to be able to finish shooting the sixth “Mission: Impossible” film before needing to don Superman’s spandex again. That has not been the case, however, as the new scenes that are being shot have required him to jump back and forth from each production. Because of this, a mustache he grew for his character in the “Mission: Impossible” sequel will have to be digitally removed in post-production. Paramount, which is distributing the “Mission: Impossible” sequel, would not allow Cavill to shave the facial hair while production was taking place.