Justice League - DC and Warner Bros' superpowered team-up movie

Season 1 wasn’t very good. It got somewhat better about halfway through but really took off with Season 2; they went with a much more tongue-in-cheek feel, and the actors/characters/writers really meshed well with that approach. Probably wound up being my favorite show of the last cycle of WB/DC series despite it being my least favorite from the season before.

Season one of Legends is the worst single season of any of the CW superhero shows. Season two of legends is probably somewhere in the top 1/3 for all CW superhero seasons. It was by far the biggest year to year improvement any of their shows have ever had, although Arrow and Flash have both had ups and downs, so year to year I don’t have any idea how to predict what trends will continue.

Yeah, S2 of Legends is good enough to slog through S1. Well, that and Rory.

Good God.

Yep; he’s not wrong. But as Armando says, it’s worth the payoff.

Joe Morton, who plays Cyborg’s dad in the movie, confirmed that the reshoots “lighten up” the mood of the film.

Well, the stuff that I had to do were just really small little bits and pieces, nothing necessarily having to do with tone. I know that with Ray [Fisher], the young man who plays Victor, there were some adjustments that they made in terms of the tone of that character. I think what I heard was that there was a need from the studio to lighten up the film in a way, that the film felt too dark.

Wait, isn’t Joe Morton a bit, well, old to be playing Cyborg? Or is there some other Joe Morton out there?

Sorry. He plays Cyborg’s father.

In a new profile by Vulture’s Abraham Riesman, executives confirmed what The Hollywood Reporter previously reported, that there will both be a new label focusing on standalone movies (such as the Joker) that are completely unconnected from its larger universe. And other films that are part of the shared universe won’t focus as heavily on the continuity as past movies like Batman v Superman.

“Our intention, certainly, moving forward is using the continuity to help make sure nothing is diverging in a way that doesn’t make sense, but there’s no insistence upon an overall story line or interconnectivity in that universe,” said DC Entertainment president Diane Nelson. She added: "Moving forward, you’ll see the DC movie universe being a universe, but one that comes from the heart of the filmmaker who’s creating them.”

The article offers no speculation about Affleck/Batman, but for anyone in the camp who believes he’s never suiting up again, this certainly paves the way for that kind of announcement.

“This shit is too hard and Disney/Marvel is kicking our asses at it, so we’re just going to shit out whatever comes to mind and hope we turn a profit.”

“Remember Wonder Woman? Wonder Woman was good, right?”

“Hey, let’s make it like comic books.”

I’d kill for a Superman: Red Son movie.

Ah, who am I kidding, they’d fuck it up anyway.

If they did Red Son now they’d set it in China and make it sympathetic somehow to get Chinese audiences. Alibaba pictures would finance.

What a mess.

Looks pretty good. The Flash’s quips are amusing.

Not surprised to see Superman logo in the poster. Worse kept “surprise” in a super-hero movie yet.

Is that the real poster? It looks so lame. Although, to be fair, it also looks like a comic book cover so maybe that’s the style they’re going for.

Its so colourful!!
Definitely not in the Snyder-verse anymore…