Justice League - DC and Warner Bros' superpowered team-up movie

What? They CGI’ed superman’s lips??

Well, I guess in the scenes in which they had to digitally remove Henry Cavill’s moustache, they also had to do the upper lip.

Oh I see it was a reshoots issue conflicting with Mission Impossible 6. Were there THAT many reshoots?

Oh my gosh the missed opportunity here

So if Superman had a thick, curly mustache in Justice League — but nobody even addressed it onscreen — wouldn’t that be great?

That, in fact, would have been awesome.

Wow so wrong 😃

Superman has a mustache, Clark doesn’t. Perfect disguise.

I didn’t hate it, in fact as such a DC fanboy I enjoyed it. Ok the lip thing was distracting but I enjoyed the teams interactions against the subpar boss fight lol.

What had me screaming like a little girl was

The Green Lantern fight in the flashback
I want see it again, generally but mostly to see that again

This post pretty much echoes my sentiments toward the movie. My two biggest complaints have to be Steppenwolf and the lack of exposition around his motivation and the uneven CGI (the opening scene with Sup talking to the kids was f’n horrible).

I didn’t stick around beyond the mid-credit race, so apparently there was another scene at the end? And just Youtube’d it.

When a movie gets a 40 from critics and an 86 from viewers, on RT, you have to wonder if the critics have some kind of agenda against the DCEU. I’ll likely go see this next week and from what Ive read, it sounds like a fun movie with a few flaws, so with tempered expectations I’ll go see it with an open mind.

You won’t be the first in this thread to enjoy it, but so far you’ll be in the minority. The reviews seem to line up just fine with this crowd.

Oh, for fuck’s sakes. NO. The average critic has absolutely no skin in the game when it comes to which comic book publisher owns which characters. In fact, like most people, they probably have no idea that Superman, Spiderman, Wolverine, and Deadpool are owned by different companies, and couldn’t all be in a movie together. They don’t care at all which “universe” these superheroes belong to.

If there’s a discrepancy between what “viewers” and “critics” think about Justice League, it’s because critics are supposed to review movies based on how well they work as films, not based on how many marks they get on a comic fan’s checklist.

My brother-in-law is a self-professed “DC guy” and after he saw the movie, he told me it immediately went up, like, ten points because of some obscure reference to a supervillain team in the end credits that I guess he likes, and like another ten points because of some Green Lantern reference. Which is great and all, but it should go without saying that this is not how professional film critics should be doing their jobs. It’s the self-proclaimed comic fans who have the agendas, not critics.

They need to give the reigns over to Bruce Timm and Paul Dini and stick to the animated universe, but on the big screen. Way cheaper to make, and so much more awesome in every single way.

Because all of the RT viewers are comic book fan’s checking off lists. And there’s never been a film before with a large gap between critical and movie-goer response either.

I knew about the Henry Cavill mustache CGI going in, and looked really hard, but I’ll be damned if I could see it. And I noticed all the other crappy CGI.

If it hadn’t been mentioned in this thread, I never would have remembered because I didn’t notice.

What are you arguing? You’re cherry picking your quote and presenting it out of context: I was specifically responding to a claim that based on the critical gap between viewers and reviewers, there’s a critical conspiracy against the DCEU, which is nonsense.

Of course sometimes viewers and critics disagree, but then again, average people and critics disagree about whether or not Applebee’s is a great place to go to dinner on a Saturday night, too. That critical gap isn’t proof of a conspiracy: at worst, it’s just proof that critics are out of touch with just how tasteless most Americans are.

Well, my point was that it’s quite likely that people walked out of movie theaters liking the film who aren’t comic book fans who checked off lists.

I agree that it’s doubtful critics have some existing agenda against WB/DC’s efforts. More likely they’re simply tiring of super hero movies and are perhaps increasingly predisposed toward riffing on them at this point. Especially ones that are a good bit disjointed like JL.

Dammit, I knew I should’ve gone to Thor. What a dull mess of a movie. Surely they can find someone more competent than Zack Snyder to make these things.

Yeah, me too. The response in this thread left me bewildered.

Which ironically is exactly what you did to my comments. Its fine if you do not believe there is some kind of media agenda. I never said there was a conspiracy, I merely posited the question on the possibility of an agenda. I also never said it had anything to do with “comic book” stuff. It could be about Snyder, or the DCEU in general or it could be nothing at all. I asked a question and you didn’t bother answering, you simply went on the offense, rather offensively, I might add. All of your “arguments” were founded in assumption and opinion. And you wonder why you got called out for it?

Ha ha! Look, dude, if you want to split semantic hairs over whether your little theory about thousands of critics around the world all working in concert together to rate DCEU movies more negatively than they would otherwise is an international “conspiracy” or merely an international “agenda,” by all means, go ahead. It’s crackpot either way.

For what it’s worth, if you think the bad reviews are about Snyder, I agree with you, if only because Zack Snyder is retarded–the Rob Liefeld of movie directors–and everything he touches turns to shit. But the agenda critics are pursuing isn’t explicitly against him: it’s against soulless, badly directed, creatively bereft movies in general…a type of film which he has achieved auteurship at making.