Justice League - DC and Warner Bros' superpowered team-up movie

I don’t understand how Cavill’s CG lip wasn’t immediately obvious to everyone. It looks really bad.

Maybe it looks ok if you forgot to wear your glasses?

How significant is Wonder Woman’s role/screen time? I don’t care about much here except for her and possibly Batfleck.

I think she has the largest role in the movie. She and Batman are the only ones on board the entire time, and she’s the heavy hitter. It’s actually interesting how minimized Batman’s role is, considering. WW is front and center a lot.

Coolio.

It was screaming, “Uncanny valley, right here, front and center,” to my eyes in that very first scene.

We did this in the Force Awakens thread. Through some process utterly foreign to me, some people apparently didn’t find CG Leia and Tarkin to be terrifying and revolting distractions from the film. I suspect it’s the same with the Superstache.

Then again, some people seem to find Zack Snyder something other than the hackiest hack who ever hacked together a “film” so that’s a thing too I guess.

Iove the movie but the mustache was very noticeable, they did not have alot of time considering the reshoots we not that long ago. Maybe they should of delayed it by a few month, but I have no clue what that would cost them.

All I know is my theater erupted in applause and my daughter and her boyfriend loved it as much as I did

My theater was applauding when Steppenwolf was beaten and when the movie ended too. Which was weird, because I haven’t heard a theater applaud during a movie in a long time (was a lot more common decades ago).

So yeah, this hauled in $96m at the US box office on its first weekend - less than BvS, MoS, WW and Suicide Squad made on their respective opening weekends.

I did not notice the mustache CGI, but now that you guys have debated it I’m sure I will never be able to unsee it in future viewings.

I’m not shocked, BvS had such bad reviews and then this gets slammed also. Take Snyders name off this I bet it gets better reviews, people just seem to hate him.

I like it much more then say Age of Ultron, even the new Spider-Man did nothing for me.

Look the film has problems for sure, how could it not. I still had a blast watching it and so did my theater. Hope they make another one with one vision and hopfully no damn mustache!!!

OMG dude that was Rogue One, please hand over your nerd card.

Oh dear lord, between that and UNESCO nobody is going to take me seriously ever again!

It was super obvious and off-putting to me, but the guy I saw the movie with didn’t notice either. Must be one of those things. For me it just made his whole face look CG and when he talked it didn’t look right.

I didn’t hate the movie, but it was a bit of a mess. BTW -

They didn’t have very good security on those boxes, did they? One wonders why it took 5000 years for Diablo Demon guy to steal them. Teleport in, kill a few people, grab the box and teleport out. No big deal. Seemed like Ant Man could have done it.

Just got back. Enjoyed it. Solid 7/10 for me.

I can see why it is getting panned. It does a lot of interesting, fun things but it is also sloppy. Not a story problem or plot problem as much as it’s an execution problem.

Spoilers:

I was really surprised they definitively demonstrated how much more powerful Superman is than all of them combined. Even Marvel tends to be cagey when doing the vs. thing.

Steppenwolf wouldn’t even cut it in a Superman film bc he’s not even in Suoerman’s League but he’s enough to take on the rest of the Justice League.

Take out some of the noise and I’d put it up there with The Avengers.

CGI was pretty bad.

I just saw this a couple of hours ago. I enjoyed it. I really did. I put several of the marvel movies as say the top bar and a number of other superhero movies, including BvS as the bottom bar. This was just over the middle for me. Here’s the thing though, there was nothing clean or heavily believable about getting that group together. I think DC is still relying on the audience to know more than it does to make all the links and stories flow. I can tell any family and friends to see The Avengers, as their first Marvel movie, and that would be fine… several have. Justice League is, well not as good at that and the movies before it are largely not likable (still I mostly liked MoS). So getting someone interested who is not already interested, not sure this movie can do it.

As for the heroes, I really didn’t dislike the acting or the presentation of them. I found all them did well and only Aquaman needs to tighten things up a bit (Superman is still like wood but I guess that is his shtick). Part of their issue with this league is that half of them aren’t that familiar to anyone who isn’t already a DC fan and for those us who are not big fans but know the world, mostly, like me, it’s not enough to really get into the character as is. The chemistry as a group isn’t there, like even as they were working together it felt like a series of separate scenes and actions that overlapped sometimes… by accident.

CGI is not only sloppy, it’s noticeably unnatural with what else is going on on the screen. Mustache, meh, not the worst compared to some other attempts.

Maybe the biggest difference between someone like me who can recognize the flaws and still enjoy it is I saw potential, and not only believe they can push this DC universe up a notch, I am willing to be patient enough to give them a few chances to get there. But they’re not there yet for sure.

And the 2nd end credit scene, that meant nothing to me at all. I don’t read or watch anything outside of these movies, so I will have to let any trailers excite me.

I forgot to mention I thought Galdot carried the emotional scenes by herself. Like all the others were either unbelievable or too unresponsive to do it… they need work there.

They implied that Wonder Woman could take down Superman. I believe it’s happened in the comics. Her magic sword can cut him, and she’s just as strong as he is. Plus she is a trained warrior.

I dunno. I’m sure Superman will be depowered or somehow incapacitated for most of the fight vs Darkseid in the next movie, or like Darkseid will turn him evil (so Cavill can keep his mustache)

No, she’s not as strong as Superman. Not in the comics and not in the movies. She struggled to pick up a tank in her movie; JL showed Superman blithely flying by the flash carrying an entire building in the air.

If it were a pure fight of brawn, then Superman would ultimately win, as he is stronger than #WonderWoman, but that doesn’t mean she can’t inflict some serious damage on him.

[Credit: DC Comics]
But there is something that Wonder Woman always has by her side that could easily kill Superman:

Yes, Wonder Woman’s sword can cut Superman, meaning it can kill him too. Wonder Woman’s magical weapons, her strength and her Amazonian skills could easily allow her to defeat Superman.