Justice League - DC and Warner Bros' superpowered team-up movie

I agree several of the other CGI scenes were less than stellar but I was specifically asking about Cavills mustache CGI. I wondered what scenes it was removed from because I never saw an issue with it.

Well it made news when they had to reshoot, so one, people knew there would be CGI so they were looking. And if you freeze the shot, he looks like he had an extra bump in his lip and yeah it looks weird in some other shots. I don’t pay attention to lips that much in my superhero movies though, it’s not a Rom Com!, so I probably wouldn’t even notice something like that if there hadn’t been all this news about it before hand.

The very first scene with Cavill’s face on the phone video. It was blatant and an hilarious way to open the movie. “Here’s some bad CG!”

This movie wasn’t that bad. I kind of liked it. I still think the action scenes, with the Snyder 300 slo mo, were pretty cool. Too bad WB is rushing the whole DC franchise… the obvious ripoffs in this movie to Avengers and LoTR is sad and these characters deserve better. Wish they just ripped off Morrisons JLA run page by page from the 90s or even the JLI Giffen Dematteis series.

I really liked the Batman/Wonder Woman scenes… there was some good depth there, just wish they stuck with one director…So disjointed overall but still enjoyable if your a comic book fan.

For me it’s those scenes that helped me connect with Bat Affleck. I really just didn’t sync with him until this movie, and it finally clicking with the others around him, I think is a good thing.

Finally saw this, what a fun mess of a movie. Could not get over Superman’s mustache CGI and the plot was all over the place. Ben Affleck is a really decent Batman though. Wonder Woman was great as always, and the Flash was fun. So kinda yay. No desire to see it again though, whereas I need to see Ragnarok a few more times in the theater.

Oh, also loved how they used the theme from the classic Keaton Batman movies here as well. Nice touch.

Went to see it. Some thoughts:

It’s not terrible. I’d say it’s like a low to middling Marvel movie, not really good, but not terrible, it’s a comic book movie 100%, none of this Marvel “let’s make a regular movie and replace the protagonists with comic book characters”.
Fairly entertaining.
A sequel to a couple of movies nobody saw. This isn’t really a sequel to the MoS and BvS we got, rather some alt version of those, maybe from Earth 2 or something.
Holy shit expensive for what it was. I think the budget was like 300 million, and it doesn’t show. Maybe because they had to use it on silly stuff like shooting the same movie more than once and erasing a mustache…

To no one’s surprise…

Gah, just give it to Bruce Timm and Paul Dini already. Geez.

God, this is a terrible jumble of a movie, but some of the bits are a lot of fun here and there.

Pretty awful recension of Barry Allen, but Momoa’s (personality-wise a bit non-canon, but still fun) version of Aquaman and Ray Fisher’s rather excellent Cyborg make up for it. Cavill’s always been quite a good Superman. Affleck’s still got the best build and jawline of any Batman ever, and happily his performance in this seems less phoned-in than his performance in BvS.

And of course everyone loves Gal Gadot now - the uncomplicated heroic feel of her version of WW is a breath of fresh air these days.

Quite a few bits of witty wordplay here and there that one thinks must almost certainly be Whedon’s work.

Everything about the main story and villain is just really, really bad, and the CGI is surprisingly cheap-looking a lot of the time, but there are a few exciting fight moments.

Best bit is towards the end when the team’s all together and jolly, it feels like the JLA as we know and love it it from the comics, and shows some promise for a future JLA movie. Quite some way in the future now, I guess.

Not looking forward to the Flash movie at all, but really looking forward to Aquaman and Cyborg movies.

No idea if this guy can become DCs Kevin Feige but I wish him luck as he’s got allot of work to do.

Wow… what a horrible movie. Only positive thing I can say is that its “short”? Oh yeah… Guess It was nice to hear a few beats of the old superman theme, though it didn’t fit into the scene at all in that moment!

The mustache really did ruin Cavills performance, though that wasn’t really their fault, they just had to roll with it.

Anyway… I don’t really want to tear it apart now. The Vanity Fair article linked by Spiffy earlier covered most of the problems.

Finally saw this in retail. Yes it is effing terrible. This is as comic book as you can get, everything happened just to bring all DC IP together, and they are glued together not by common sense but by a desire to make money. Why is there some kind of tube transport system? Why did no one in the movie noticed it? Why did they not secure the mother box better after resurrecting supes? Etc. etc. So many questions that nobody would need to answer if the movie just made some common sense.

Flash is almost a carbon copy transposition of Quicksilver in the X-men movie. I honestly do not notice Cavill’s (lack of) moustache, and I was looking for bad CGI but still can’t find it. The worst CGI is reserved for Steppenwolf. I can’t believe his face is so unnatural. Maybe they are explaining the bad CGI away by saying he is alien???

After this I couldn’t care less about any character introduced here. Maybe only Cyborg, if they want to go grimdark. (Grimdark isn’t the problrm, Nolan’s Batman is pretty dark but it works. The problem is with the direction and writing.)

So the latest news isn’t official, but it sounds like Snyder was actually fired from Justice League months before he publicly announced he was leaving due to the death of his daughter.

I don’t want to defend Snyder because he has a pretty shit record as a director, but maybe his work nosedived BECAUSE of his daughter’s death. The insinulation is that his daughter’s death is an excuse, but I don’t necessarily buy it.

And I honestly have no interest in the truth. It is not anyone else’s business to pry when someone is dealing with the death in the family.

His daughter died in March. I worded my post ambiguously, but the crux of this story is that he was fired in January or February, which is not just prior to his publicly announcing he was leaving the film, but prior to her death.

I don’t wish the guy ill, and certainly wouldn’t be in a position to second guess his motives following such an awful tragedy.

But this story is saying that was entirely separate and entirely after he was already fired.

This is now entirely my own speculation, but one likely scenario is that he was fired but the news wasn’t going to be public until a replacement was lined up. Then the tragedy occurred with his daughter, and no one wanted to throw him under the bus on top of that, so it was presented as his decision.

My guess is he got a whole lot of flack for BvS and it wore on him and he lost his drive and motivation for JL. He was probably on the outs and his daughter’s death destroyed any motivation he had left or reason to improve and throw himself back into the project.

Are we reading the same article? The assertion was he was fired before his daughter died.

Well, there is fired and there is fired publicly. They obviously had to line up a replacement. But I get your point.

(Fired publicly above autocorrected to fired biblically… I’m not sure what fired biblically means, but it sounds bad)