Justice League - DC and Warner Bros' superpowered team-up movie

There’s more than that. When Supes enters the fray in the finale his entire face just looks awful. Jesus it looks awful as he’s here talking to batman about what the plan is. Now he’s talking to Flash in Super Speed and he still looks terrible. What the hell. Did the CGI touch up (down?) already filmed scenes to try and make them match the ones where they had to remove the facial hair?

I only have ~20m left and I feel like I’m dying inside. I may just turn this off. You know, whenever I feel like I might be experiencing Super Hero fatigue a DC movie comes out and makes me appreciate even the worst Marvel movies all the moreso. The best DC movie - which is none of them. . . well I guess Wonder Woman was ok - is like 1/0th of whatever the worst marvel movie is.

Ouch the super breath scene is bad and I can’t do this anymore.

Like I said earlier in this thread, I was gobsmacked that there are people that said they couldn’t see a difference. I’m sure they’re not lying. I think they really just don’t see it, like how some people say 30fps and 60fps looks the same to them. It’s nuts.

I hear you. It’s some sort of freakish “I thought I was watching a super hero movie but now I’m watching some sort of tormented nightmare” thing for me. It’s not only obvious, it’s completely hideous. I can’t believe a studio allowed a big budget movie to be sullied with this. Granted, I think the rest of the movie is bad so it’s not like it ruined it all by itself.

I need to go watch something good to cleanse my palate.

I haven’t seen the movie, but I can’t see the cgi from the stills you guys have posted. I assume in motion it’s much worse.

What’s crazy is they already shot the movie. When Whedon came on they had to recall the cast to do reshoots so he could “fix” the movie. It looks like they reshot at least every single scene with Superman.

What was the movie Zack Snyder made? Could it possibly be worse than what Justice League wound up being?

Are the various DCVerse flicks winding up anywhere for streaming, or is it only purchase/rental these days?

I think they rotate through the HBO services, but I’ve never seen any of them appear on Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon Prime in the US.

Ah well. I wound up plunking down dollars to see Superman in theaters and to buy a digital copy of Batman vs. Superman, but I dunno if I really wanna keep blowing money watching these trainwrecks.

I’m such a super DC fanboy I have to buy it lol. Do you know if any of the streaming to buy services (like amazon) have extended edition or deleted scenes?

I know lame right…

The absolute shining moment out Watchmen was the opening montage showing the whole history of supers in their world, all set to Dylan’s “Times they are a changing”. That was a goddamn masterpiece. That was so good, it made me view the entire rest of the movie in a more favorable light than it deserves.

Couldn’t agree more. It was a great way to introduce movie-goers to that pantheon of heroes. I’d read the novel, but it had been many years. Hell, I thought removing the pirate stuff and replacing the giant octopus with nukes improved the story.

I loved Watchmen when I first saw it. It was a great experience. I still love to see it on TV and watch 20-30 minutes of it, but I find it hard to watch the whole thing. I get antsy.

Still, really enjoyed the movie.

Legend of the Guardians was surprisingly enjoyable.

I rewatched it and still can’t find which shots are supposed to be bad moustache-less CGI, and which is filmed earlier. Anyone care to point out which is which?

There is also the team dynamic that was pretty clear in, say, The Avengers, but wasn’t clear in Justice League at all. Wonder Woman is supposed to be the emotionally intelligent glue, Batman is the tactician/schemer, and Supes is supposed to be the big hitter, right? Flash is supposed to be comic relief (ala Gimli in LoTR), Cyborg the hax0r, Aquaman looks like a fifth wheel.

In the end it just looks like a bunch of uncoordinated superheroes fighting off the cuff (like the Civil War airport scene, and unlike the Avenger New York scene. This, as anyone who has played any kind of team game knows, is a good way to get your ass handed to you, if your opponent is slightly more organised. Steppenwolf, thankfully (or for the audience, unfortunately), is as tactically inept as the Justice League.

I have NFI whether this is faithful to the comics, since I’ve never ever read any Justice League.

Uh. Basically every scene Superman is in was clearly a reshot one based on the CGI removal.

Not sure but I think I spotted a shot in Kansas that was a Snyder version…

The opening shot is horrible, it doesn’t even look like Cavill there in the Superman costume. My wife leaned over in the theater and asked if that was the same actor.

I didn’t expect it to be . . . dull. A waste of decent casting and costumes.

The Whedon-isms were tacked on but at least somewhat amusing. Spergy Flash was kinda funny, but incongruous. The rest of the movie was plodding and incoherent. They even managed to make Superman’s resurrection boring, I just wanted to fast-forward and get it over with. Even the CGI seemed half-assed.

Terrible movie, but I cracked up when Cyborg says “Booyah” at the end…

Well yeah, I did too, but those were better movies than Batman v. Superman and Justice League.

I’d also argue Snyder’s extra-heavy-on-the-gravitas style is a better fit to Watchmen anyway. I mean compare Thor Ragnarok to Justice League. Superhero movies are generally better when they don’t take themselves that seriously.