Justice League - DC and Warner Bros' superpowered team-up movie

If only the Justice League Cyborg was half as interesting as the Teen Titans one. But noooooo… he got grimdarked. It made me pretty waffles.

There was one really good shot in the “Confused Supes” fight. Specifically, when he’s fending off the other heroes, and Flash is all “I’m gonna run at you and do … er … something”, but Superman looks over and Flash has the realization that Superman’s reflexes and speed may match his own - something he has not yet encountered in his new hero career.

WAFFLES WAFFLES WAFFLES! yeah no doubt the characters really fell flat

I want the entire DC Murderverse to turn out to be a fever dream of Cyborg’s in an episode of Teen Titans Go.

Best scene in the film. I loved that.

Yes, it was the best scene in the film and actually gave me goosebumps.

Rest of it was decidedly meh.

True. I dug it because so few movies about superheroes actually make me think “man, they have super powers”. Instead, I just see some CG characters. I mean, they’re fun, but few bits get it right.

This scene, a decent chunk of the Russo Bros handling of Captain America (primarily that first chase scene through walls and doors in Winter Soldier), and that’s about it for the modern crop of comic movies for really selling it. Don’t get me wrong, I love them, but most of it is just special effecty action with little weight, or little to stir the imagination and really try to get across how powered these characters are supposed to be. But that simple eye movement somehow did it quite well.

While it’s a funny scene, I also think the bit where Hulk picks up Loki and rag dolls him around in the Avengers sold that too.

I think the Quicksilver scene in Days of Future Past is a great one for this, particularly for a mutant, born with a power. Quicksilver basically lives in a different reality than everyone else.

Puny god! I still chuckle during that scene. It worked for what they were going for.

It’s a great scene, but it again is just CG floof to me. I’m not saying I’m not entertained by this stuff - I totally am, which is why I’ve given these movies so much of my money at theaters - I’m just explaining that they never feel like something “super” happening in “reality”. That disconnect is fine.

For me, it’s a bit of the opposite. Most superhero movies/shows whip out superpowers as if they’re some sort of talent like rolling your tongue or wiggling your ears—things that don’t really affect the other 99.9% of your life. I like that the X-men movies often tackle how profoundly different the entirety of life would be if you had powers.

Oh look.

it took me months to realize I really didn’t have a story

That never stopped JJ Abrams!

The DC movie universe is a train wreck.

Nah, train wrecks are fun to watch.

Well at least he’s being honest and not trying to just shove something out.

He’s taking the blame, but who knows if he’s being honest. Maybe he was shoved out because he had a bad plan for the movie. Maybe he’s leaving because he had an amazing idea for the movie, but WB had different plans. Maybe they’re axing the Batgirl movie entirely. At this point I don’t really give much credit to any of the explanations coming out of DC/WB regarding these movies.

To be clear, I don’t actually suspect he’s lying or putting a spin on the PR, but I also just don’t assume we’re getting the real explanation for anything.

A Joss Whedon Batgirl movie seemed very unlikely, and sure enough, it’s not happening.