Justice League - DC and Warner Bros' superpowered team-up movie

I don’t know much of anything about Yoga Hosers and I think I want it that way. There’s no movie by that name that could live up to the one in my head. Just for example: mine stars Bob and Doug McKenzie - beat that, Hollywood!

Teenage girls fighting Nazi sausages in a convenience store. Now you know the whole movie…

I don’t know if I should put that in a spoiler tag or not.

To be fair, Kevin Smith is in full “I don’t give a damn, I’m making whatever movies I want to make” mode. Red State, Tusk and now Yoga Hosers. I hesitate to call them vanity projects, but it’s the best term I can think of.

Pretty much. Red State was a disappointment to him because it didn’t get as much positive buzz as he thought it would, but besides being an experiment in the horror genre, it was his trial balloon for self-distribution. With Tusk and Yoga Hosers, Smith was openly vocal about them being made for his own enjoyment that he thought fans would be willing to pay to see. Yoga Hosers in particular was meant as a project for his daughter and Johnny Depp’s daughter.

Kevin Smith knows his podcast fans are the only people that watch these movies and he seems okay with that.

At this point, his “serious” directing is done for various smaller projects. He directed episodes of Flash and Supergirl recently, as well as conducting interviews for IMBD at Sundance.

Hey, if you can afford to be a dilettante, why not be one?

Now I’m curious as to why Kevin Smith hasn’t spoken to Affleck in years
i

They live in very different circles I assume. Affleck is a major movie star/director and Smith hasn’t done a thing of note in like 20 years and makes a living off his persona to the geek/comic culture.

Justice League Dark was OK. Female personification of the House of Mystery had a sexy Bioware alien vibe but the villain was disappointing.

The official synopsis from Warner Bros. has been released.

[quote]
In the wake of Clark Kent/Superman’s (Cavill) death at the hands of Doomsday in BvS, vigilante Bruce Wayne/Batman (Affleck) reevaluates his extreme methods and begins reaching out to extraordinary heroes to assemble a team of crime-fighters to defend earth from all kinds of threats. Together with Diana Prince/Wonder Woman (Gadot), Batman seeks out cybernetically enhanced former college football star Vic Stone/Cyborg (Fisher), speedster Barry Allen/The Flash (Miller) and Atlantean warrior king Arthur Curry/Aquaman (Momoa). They face off against Steppenwolf (Hinds), the herald and second-in-command to alien warlord Darkseid, who is charged by Darkseid with hunting down three artifacts hidden on Earth.[/quote]

I wonder if the artifacts are gems.

Wow, they jumped it right up to Darkseid, eh? That escalated quickly.

At least I’ll finally get to solve the ancient riddle of “is that said Darkseed or Darkside?” I can’t decide which is less dumb.

I think it’s “Dark si-eed”, right? Like “West si-eed”

OK, maybe not.

That’s been the go-to origin story for the Justice League for the last few years. The “New 52” origin stroy for the JL had them fighting parademons and Darkseid. But pretty much all the Justice League origin stories - going back to 1962 - have all the heroes coming together to defeat an extra-terrestrial threat, be it Appelaxians, White Martians, Apokoliptians, or what have you.

Ah, ok, that’s good info to have. To be honest, outside of the Justice League cartoons (both new and old), I have little-to-no exposure to Justice League. Now that I think about it, I have little exposure to DC in general, outside of TV and movies and some of the newer Batman comics. Grew up on Marvel and, later, Dark Horse comics almost exclusively.

The Justice League is going to have their hands full with these guys

What’s really going to be amusing to me is when non-comics nerds, that only know these characters from movies or whatever, accuse DC/Warner Bros of copying Thanos with Darkseid and the Infinity Stones with Mother Boxes.

Wait, there really are infinity stones in this movie?

I’m not a big DC guy, so I was never clear on what a Mother Box was, other than kind of general-purpose MacGuffin. I think theres an AI inside it, and that one guy has one in his magic techno-chair?

I guess the MCU infinity stones aren’t much better defined than that either.

I will enjoy if we get a boom tube-sling ring confusion though.

Ia! Ia! Starro fhtagn!

Rumors, still. But slowly gaining momentum. Some people have been predicting this was where things were headed as soon as the rumbling started about Affleck no longer directing The Batman, back before that was actually confirmed.