Justified on FX: Modern day Deadwood [fingers crossed]

Well dang. They made Michael Rapaport somewhat interesting. Usually when I see that actor in a movie or tv show, he’s playing yet another (not so subtle) variation of the exact same character he’s played in every other movie or tv show. But last night I had to rub my eyes to make sure it was really him.

Holy crap a lot happened in that episode, but I loved that despite how fast it moved, it didn’t feel rushed or forced. It felt juuuuuuust right. I’m also liking this slightly more vicious Boyd.

Wow, a whole lot of things changed very quickly in the Justified world.

Nice appearance of a case of Shiner (the Black Lager), a Texas beer, in the episode to boot.

— Alan

I was really surprised how abruptly they murdered Sammy, considering that he was the guy who killed last season’s villain.

Also, we had a couple of cases of people stupidly antagonizing murderous people. I wonder if the guy who Boyd beat up is still alive, or if that line about “taking care of him” means she’s going to embalm him nicely?

He’s dead - the wife actually says, “You killed him!” plus the entire conversation they have after that makes no sense if you think he might still be alive.

I assumed the same, but you can also read the conversation as both of them assuming he was dead. Neither checked for a pulse. It’s possible that when she actually got close to him she discovered he wasn’t as dead as she thought. The “I’ll take care of you line” is very weird if he’s dead. Of course, weird may be the point.

Since they seem to be done with the Detroit Outfit, maybe the Big Bad this season will be the Zombie Mafia.

I think she meant from that from a “I’m going to prepare your body because it’s what we have done together since I met you” kind of thing (being a body-preparing-person who works at a place that does stuff with preparing bodies - words are failing me right now, I can’t remember that damn profession… Mortician holy fuck I’m old.

Welp, next season, the sixth, will be its last apparently.

I’m sad yet okay with this, as I’m sure they’re wrap it up in a very satisfying manner.

Glad they have a firm end in sight. Brain your gonna miss his hair! :p

And his hat!

nope.

Fun interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TnCG6N1OUbY

In most shows, when the main character issues a threat in the face of overwhelming odds, it just plays out like an entry from the bravado section in the handbook of action stars. When Givens issues one, it sounds like he’s tired, wants to go home, and this is simply a fact that he wishes he didn’t have to tell you so he COULD go home and take a nap, but he is because he hates paperwork and would rather just have you go away instead of die.

I feel a “I told you so” is very much in order now.

You were correct in that he wasn’t dead - but that’s a good on you, not an “I told you so” since we were supposed to think he was dead. Boyd thought he had killed that man, clearly.

I’m guessing Johnny Crowder is behind the heist; it was his prostitute buddy that divulged the shipment info from the dealer.

Also, oh hey, Amy Adams.

— Alan

Do you mean Amy Smart?

Holy crap what a fantastic season premier!

Oh hey what happened to your ear? :p

Now onto episode 2!

Uhhh yeah, sure.

— Alan