Justified on FX: Modern day Deadwood [fingers crossed]

Man, nobody is talking about this week’s episode? We gotta blow a guy up to get your attention? No love for Constable Bob or Elstin Limehouse? That aplexes me.

What’s to say? It continues to be good, but it’s also pretty much continued stuff we’ve already seen. Constable Bob tasering a guy in the nuts is pretty mild for Constable Bob. Limehouse was barely in this episode. He sure didn’t chop anyone’s arm off. I’d a little burned out on Eva’s fears, I’d like to move on from that.

I just wanted to say aplexes, man.

I’m not even sure what word he’s corrupting. Perplexes maybe?

You got any SKIM milk? Choo-Choo is awesome.

I don’t know if I have managed to watch an episode since that prison guard stabbed himself.

Constable Bob is great, I’d totally watch a series with him as a regular. :)

“You want him slapped like a little girl, you do it. Alright? You ask me, he gets amtracked.”

ChooChoo continues to deliver.

I only just caught Tuesdays episode - Tuesdays are so filled with shows I enjoy that it takes me a bit to catch up on all of them!

Choo-choo definitely delivers. “You asked for me you get AmTrak.” Also, “You look aplexed.” was not just a great line, the guy delivered it perfectly!

I think Justified can get minor characters up and running about as fast as any show on TV. Ironically, Rachel and Tim never quite got there for me with a full six seasons, but Markham, Dillahunt’s guy, and Choo Choo are all great additions. I thought Dillahunt’s monologue about his time in the sandbox with Choo Choo was particularly strong; maybe he picked up a few things about great monologues when he was on set with Tommy Lee for No Country.

Francis Wolcott was possibly my favorite character in Deadwood. Mostly due to Dillahunt’s chilling, shark-eyed delivery of several disturbing monologues. THIS was my favorite.

Wow, I totally spaced that was him in Deadwood. I mostly recall him from the Sara Conner Chronicles, for some reason.

Dillahunt is talented enough that he played two different characters in Deadwood, which kind of blew my mind the first time I heard it, because I had seen all the episodes and had no idea (it helped that I didn’t know who he was at the time). Jack McCall in season 1 and Francis Wolcott in season 3.

Someone get Choo-Choo an Emmy.

“The sniper guy said he got 255 all by his lonesome but take that with a grain of salt since he was a SEAL.”

Man, this season has been terrific. Each episode slowly ratcheting up the tension on the Raylan/Boyd relationship. Really looking forward to what happens as the endgame continues. Might not be quite as good as season 2, but probably my second favorite season.

Yes, it’s been fantastic. I thought it started a bit rough, and I had a really hard time getting through Sam Elliot’s performance (and lack of mustache)… but then, holy shit. The last few episodes have been some of the best TV in a long time.

Who knew Mary Steenburgen could be terrifying? (That was some cold-ass shit with Seabass in the last episode; that phone call shot was amazing.) Ava finally has something to do, and her ride this season has been harrowing as she’s basically screwed no matter what she does. Garret Dillahunt was typically awesome (if short-lived), Choo Choo was amazing, we saw the tragic end of Dewey Crowe (who was too stupid for this world)… yowza.

And now, Loretta returns… and whoa, what a return. She outmaneuvers Avery, out-elocutes Boyd (which I believed was impossible), and is cockier than Raylan. And this season’s real hero is Tim, who’s gotten in some of the best lines.

No, wait. The real hero is Wynn Duffy and his tanning bed. And Jere Burn’s eyebrows. He’s a cockroach, and may he never die. (But I am worried that Mikey may aplex him.)

Great write up Steve. I thought Jonathan Tucker as Boon, the super creepy pistoleer hired to spook Loretta, was awesome as well.

It’s been weird watching her both here and on Togetherness the last few weeks, where she plays a diametrically opposite type of role.

I just got all caught up. SO happy to see Loretta again, as she’s been a favorite of mine since season two. And holy shit these last few episodes have just been…mesmerizing. I am so gonna miss this show, but holy crap are they going out with some literal bangs.

I’m impressed with how they ended “Truth”. Not really sure where they take it now… maybe Ava goes down in a hail of Marshal lead? Maybe this Boone guy watches another cowboy movie and invites Raylan into a reenactment of High Noon? Presumably Boyd won’t be in top condition when he meets his (I assume) inevitable demise, so I wonder what kind of karmic retribution the writers will come up with. Something with explosives, maybe, a rocket launcher like in the first episode…

Anyone have theories?