Justified on FX: Modern day Deadwood [fingers crossed]

Can Raylan come out unscathed?

I’ve always meant to read some of Elmore Leonard’s books, but never had the chance to. Do his main characters always come out on top like they do in all the movie adaptations I’ve seen? I’m guessing that’s probably be the best indicator of Raylan’s future, since they’re always working under his shadow/inspiration.

Wouldn’t it be funny if, after all the hail of bullets, that Boyd be the only survivor since he’d be in the hospital or something?

What? A man can dream.

Was the guy wearing the fedora at the diner (whom Boone harassed) played by the actor who played the skinny hipster leader of the Terminus people on The Walking Dead? Looked like him.

Good eye, yes he was (according to IMDB).

Ha, I thought so. Awesome.

Wynn Duffy is a human cockroach.

I mean that in the best way possible.

Totally agree
+ =

Hoo! A show like Justified gets so much juice in its stretch run; Olyphant got to play Raylan about 90% as angry as he did Seth Bullock for the entirety of Deadwood (I keep imagining what you’d look like without your gotdamn teeth…). And Boyd gets to become a full-on scorpion, and even Vasquez gets to shout at people.

I would not have pegged Mikey military pressing a sexagenarian as a likely outcome for this season. Ditto the hillbilly mummy.

God damn everything about that latest episode was amazing. The ramp up for the final two episodes is REALLY impressive.

It was. It really was - to the point where I think I’m going to skip next week so I can watch the final two episodes back to back, likely while I enjoy a fine cigar. I need to do something - this has been consistently in my top 3 shows I look forward to each week since the pilot.

Oh I won’t be able to wait, no sirree.

Also, I still think the only one to come out of this completely unscathed is Gutterson.

Love me some Timmy.

… And Shea Whigham’s master plan to conquer Hollywood movie by movie, TV show by TV show continues …

I want to be Gutterson when I grow up.

He is the bestest.

Boyd’s speech in truck - best speech.

Boydness

“I know who I am, do you? You’re a slave. Disenfranchised, don’t even know it. You drive your shitty truck, to your shitty house, live out your shitty life. You think you’re better than me cause you play by the rules? Whose rules? My life is my own.”
“You aint even heard a word I said.”
“I don’t give a shit, about what you said. I’m an outlaw.”

Also enjoyed:
stuff

“You shot unprovoked, how am I supposed to take that?”
“As me. Aimin’ to kill ya.”

Wynn Duffy spin-off series CONFIRMED.

Overall I was pleased with the wrap up. I was particularly happy that they

finale spoilers

didn’t just pull the magic happy ending trick with Winona, like it looked like they were going to. What happened was far more believable given everything we know about those two characters. Kinda disappointed in how they used Loretta, though. I was hoping she’d be the one to take out Markham and/or his dime store Raylan clone.

I watched the last couple of episodes back to back tonight, because I loved the first 4 seasons so much and wanted to see the ending cold. While it wasn’t how I thought it would end, it was good enough, and the actual end was amazing. What a great series! Thanks so many good seasons, TV-Producing-Folks.

finale spoilers of my own

Holy crap I hate that final hat

What a very satisfying conclusion to some top notch TV. Very nice that they gave a tribute to the late Elmore Leonard who has given us some many great stories over the years.

Loved the ending. I felt like Boyd’s turn this season felt a little forced, like the show was just filling in the box of making Boyd the villain so they could setup a final confrontation for the last season, but it’s totally redeemed by the melancholy of the last scene.