Justified on FX: Modern day Deadwood [fingers crossed]

I think it peaks in season 2, but it’s still very good for the rest of the run.

Yeah, this. Season 2 is the best season, but the show is consistently entertaining throughout.

Constable Bob is a later season highlight. Wynn Duffy is a lot of fun too. Boyd Crowder takes on a bigger and bigger role too. Just a great cast and great episodes throughout the run.

Yeah, Justified is absolutely worth watching all the way through.

Yeah, especially for that last scene.

We dug coal together.

Season 2 is on my shortlist of best seasons from a prestige drama. 3, 4, and 6 are not quite as good as 2, but are all great. I’ll point out that season 5 has some serious missteps—at least one tedious plotline, uncharacteristically poor casting of a main antagonist—and is a clear stepdown in quality from 2-4 and 6. It isn’t bad, just not as good as usual. However, Justified finishes strong and season 6 might be my favorite concluding season to a drama series. Also, 6 has Sam Elliott as a recurring character which is every bit as awesome as it sounds.

Such a good show, also never forget one of the greatest tv characters.

Did you guys know that Dewey is played by an Australian?!? He has a decent sized role in the INXS biopic from a few years back and it is very disconcerting to hear him speak in his native accent.

Holy crap you’re not wrong. ONLY WATCH THIS INTERVIEW IF YOU’VE SEEN THE WHOLE SHOW.

Yes.

It’s one of those pieces of media that I kinda wish I could do it all for the first time again. At some point in the next year I might rewatch it.

I began a rewatch recently. Totally holds up.

One of my favorites ever! Trivia time: one of the writers is from DFW and drops names and phrases from one of the greatest local radio stations (KTCK) into the episodes he writes. The anus is on you to find them all.

Best typo or grossest post?

NSFW Anus Spoilers

It’s a line that was lifted from a radio guy’s mistake and given to one of the Justufied characters.

Oh man, I’d forgotten about that. That’s fantastic! Haha!

Come for the Olyphant, stay for ALL the rest.

Arise!

I will watch this!