Kano Pixel kit

Anyone played with one of these? My daughter received one for xmas, and is loving it. It has an app that uses blockly type interface to program it.

Right now having an issue with using the mic on the board. The demo program that is loaded uses it no problem, but when trying to use a mic in the programming interface it will only use the mic for the host system (tried both windows 10 and mac os) and doesn’t see the mic on the pixel. As a result any creation using the mic can’t be sent to the kit. I’ve sent them email about it, so hopefully there is an easy solution to this. Had to temporarily plug a webcam into my daughter’s windows system just so she had a mic to use while doing the tutorials.

Figured out part of the mystery reading through amazon reviews. They created a new pixel that is a cheaper version of the kickstarter one they did and most reviews are based on. One of the results of that is they only allow people to send animation creations to the pixel kit, not other programs like the demo programs that ship on it.