Karma in action

Don’t think this has been posted yet.

Kids are driving along, see a kid on a bike they don’t like, one of them tries to knock the kid off the bike by opening the car door, and the universe strikes back. Brutal video, but it’s hard to have sympathy for the kid considering what he was trying to do. :?

Warning: Graphic content. Not even kidding.

I’m glad they showed it all in slow-motion, three times, because I could hardly see what happened the first time.

See, in the face of that, who could be Christian? I mean, who in their right mind would ever want to turn the other cheek to a sonuvabitch like that?

Buddhism CLEARLY works better, as evidenced by the instant karma right there.

Holy crap :(

I feel compelled to discuss the lawsuit in Toronto about the idiot kids that try to jump between parking garages. This one falls in the same category for me. How the hell have kids gotten so stupid about what they do for fun?

When we first found that video, my sick and twisted office mate and I shared many, many laughs as we replayed it over and over again. Then we went to his house and played it for his 5-year old son, who laughed along with us at what an idiot that kid was.

We’d like to know whether that %#@!er ended up dead or merely paralyzed from the neck down.

I’m scared to look at the video. I assume some dumbass kid gets mangled?

According to comments on the site by people who ostensibly know him, the end result was just a few missing teeth.

Some idiot kid tries to open a car door to knock down some bicylists in the cycling lane… misses… loses his balance… falls out of the car… and smacks himself against a parked vehicle at about 20mph.

That’s one thing I don’t like about bicycle lanes in the USA. We let people park in them. In more civilized countries such as Australia, there is an inner lane dedicated to parking, then a bicycle lane outside of it.

You probably don’t want to look. The kid half-falls out of the car at which point he takes the bumper of an oncoming car in the other lane in the face.

EDIT: Looking again, I think it was actually a parked car.

You probably don’t want to look. The kid half-falls out of the car at which point he takes the bumper of an oncoming car in the other lane in the face.

EDIT: Looking again, I think it was actually a parked car.[/quote]

Definitely a parked car. The analogy of Irresistable Force and an Immoveable Object comes to mind as well.

Probably the first time that I’ve ever thought that it was a good thing that someone wasn’t wearing a seat belt.

That’s one thing I don’t like about bicycle lanes in the USA. We let people park in them. In more civilized countries such as Australia, there is an inner lane dedicated to parking, then a bicycle lane outside of it.

Speak for yourself. Here in Madison, WI, in between swilling back microbrew beer and contemplating the finer points of cheese and democracy, we put our bicycle lanes outside of the parking zone.

Doesn’t karma only come into effect in your next life ?

No.

I’ve been biking a long time, and lost count of the crap people have done to me. Honking, swerving, opening doors, throwing stuff - bike riders are an idiot teen’s favorite target. I love that video.

What happens is that bicycles are a threat. Cars are easy to predict (usually). Bicycles are much more chaotic. They are also much less common, so the unknown element is in play. Also, in many areas without bicycle lanes bicycles encroach upon car lanes, creating a hazard.

This combines with the superiority complex of drivers. Speed=power, and since cars go faster drivers are enforced the opportunity to gloat and berate.

In a couple parts of Philadelphia, there are bike lanes outside of the parking lane too. But that’s literally like two places… there are no bike lanes at all anywhere else around here.

Vehicles cause danger. Ask the girl who got her skull crushed at burning man last year trying to jump from one moving vehicle to another.

Natural selection at work.

Same for the kid who got his teeth knocked out. I bet he will think twice before acting like a jerkass again.