Kemet play-by-forum game

Got it, will correct.

I am unlikely to be able to play until the morning. Apologies, out and about.

Bastet is wisdom. Bastet is kindness.

Bastet will do everyone a favor in pointing out that the white Minotaur creature tile counters both Initiative and the Scorpion’s damage (not strength though), and that someone really needs to beat Lantz to the Crusade tile.

Okay, so the first top location can only proceed to either the 2nd top location or the 1st center location, and same with the bottom only going to the 2nd bottom or 1st center? Can the 2nd top location go to the 2nd bottom? The 3rd top to the 3rd bottom? The 2nd center to the 3rd top or bottom?

You can only move right. You cannot go to a different location on the same tile. Also, there is no center location on the second tile, and no path going up or down as you move to the second tile, so a top path priest on the first tile can only go to the second top location, and likewise for the bottom and the second bottom. From the second top one could go to the third top or one of the two central skill locations on the third tile, similarly for the bottom. The first tile center would go directly to one of the central skill locations on tile 3. From there, everyone goes to the VP on the fourth tile.

Appologies again for the delay, unexpected morning issues. 900,000 phone calls later, my turn:

5th Action: Upgrade Black Pyramid from 0 to 1 : PP 1 > 0

Lantz (Wadjet black)
VP: 3 (temporary: Red Pyramid, 3-Temple West) (permanent: 1 battle won)
PP: 0
Red-4, White-1, Black-1
Troops:
5 on pyramid-less home space
5 w/ Scorpion in 3-Temple West

Power Tiles:
Initiative: When attacking, destroy 2 units from the defending troop before the start of battle.
Red Scorpion

Available actions:
MoveX, Recruit
Upgrade PyramidX, Move, PrayX
White Tile, Red TileX, Black Tile, PrayX

@Greatatlantic

Malkav, let me know if I am doing the actions right. I have the rules in front of me, but there is a chance I misinterpretted something. Anyways, without further ado:

I use the top row move action.

Ta Seti Path, advance to the +1 Strength when defending skill, claim it and replace unit on remaining troop with Priest. Any unit with a priest now comes with +1 Strength when Defending, which stacks with the Power Tile Defense! for a total of +2 Strength when defending.

Next, I teleport the remaining army to the unoccupied 3 Temple East. Stacking with Kraken, that is +3 Strength if attacked. Just so you guys know.

PP: 5-1 = 4.

Also, in case there was any doubt, I will use Hand of God to upgrade the blue pyramid at night.

End of the Turn Game State:

Greatatlantic (The Northern Yellow Dog of Death, Anubis) Kemet State
VP: 2 (temporary for temple, pyramid)
PP: 4
White-4, Blue-2, Unchosen-0
Troops: 5 (1 Priest) on 3-Temple East
3 DI Cards
1 Dawn Token

Power Tiles:
Defense! - +1 Strength when defending
Hand of God - During night phase raise one pyramid 1 level.
Priest of Ra - All PP Costs reduced by 1.
Kraken - +1 Strength to all battles adjacent to Nile

Priest Skills:

+1 Strength when defending

Available actions:
XMove, Recruit
XUpgrade Pyramid, Move, XPray
XWhite Tile, Red Tile, XBlue Tile, Pray

Looks right to me. Annoyingly, this mod doesn’t distinguish Priests from other units, so I had to put a text label on it.

End of Day Phase
Bastet controls the Delta Temple and may sacrifice one unit to receive 5 PP. @Infested_terran, I will be assuming you want to do this but let me know if not and I’ll edit.
Sobek controls the eastern 2 point temple and receives 2 PP
Wadjet controls the western 3 point temple and receives 3 PP
Anubis controls the eastern 3 point temple and receives 3 PP
No one controls 2 temples and thus no one receives permanent VP.

State of the Game, start of Turn 3
Game board:

Bastet (infested_terran, blue)
1 temporary VP (temple)
7 PP
3 DI cards
4 units in reserve (presuming Delta sacrifice at end of previous turn)
6 unused Battle cards
Pyramids: 2/2/2 Blue/White/Black
Power Tiles:
Legion: Troops may contain 7, rather than 5 units.
Enforced Recruitment: May recruit to any space where Bastet has units as well as Bastet’s own city.
Protective Aura: Bastet’s troops may not suffer any damage outside of battle.
Khnum’s Sphinx: Creature - provides linked troop +1 str, 1 movement capacity; opponents desiring to enter space with Sphinx must pay 2 PP.
Priestess: Subsequent power tile purchases cost 1 less PP.
Objects:
Flaming Khopesh: +1 str in one battle.

Sobek (ironwulf, red)
2 temporary VP (pyramid, temple)
8 PP
3 DI cards
1 unit in reserve
6 unused battle cards
Pyramids: 4/1/1 Black/Red/White
Power Tiles:
Mercenaries: permanently adds 3 units to Sobek’s available forces
Priest: Sobek’s Pray actions now add 3 PP rather than 2
Dark Ritual: Provides a gold action token that may be used alongside a regular action token to perform the Pray action. (One gold action may be taken per turn.)
God Speed: Sobek’s units may move an additional space during move actions.

Wadjet (Lantz, black)
1 permanent VP (battle), 2 temporary VP (pyramid, temple)
4 PP
3 DI cards
2 units in reserve
4 unused battle cards
Pyramids: 4/1/1 Red/White/Black
Power Tiles:
Initiative: When attacking, destroy 2 units from the defending troop before the start of battle.
Giant Scorpion: Creature - grants +2 str, +2 damage, +1 movement to linked troop.

Anubis (Greatatlantic, yellow)
2 temporary VP (pyramid, temple)
7 PP
3 DI cards
8 units in reserve
4 unused battle cards
1 Dawn token
Pyramids: 4/2 White/Blue
Power Tiles:
Defense!: when defending, gains +1 strength.
Hand of God: during the Night phase, may raise one pyramid level for free.
Priest of Ra: Whenever Anubis spends PP, he spends 1 less PP.
Kraken: Creature: grants +1 str to Anubis’ troops whenever they engage in battle in a region adjacent to the Nile (other than cities).
Priest Skills:
Defensive Position: Any troop with one of Anubis’ priests with them gains +1 str when defending.

Step 1: Distribution of PP
Everyone gains 2 PP.
Bastet now at 9 PP
Sobek now at 10 PP
Wadjet now at 6 PP
Anubis now at 9 PP

Step 2: Distribution of DI cards.
PMs incoming.

Step 3: Night Powers
Anubis raises Blue pyramid to level 3 due to Hand of God.

Step 4: Refresh Path to Ta-Seti

In reverse turn order, please post your played battle card and PM me the discard. Also declare if you are using your Dawn tokens, if any.
@Greatatlantic, you are up.

My card. No dawn tokens. Discard incoming via PM.

Oh right, @Lantz .

Okay, now that everyone has their own Imgur gallery for the DI hand, shouldn’t be any need for PMs anymore. I’ll just add or subtract cards from the gallery as needed. (I will post in the thread when you’ve gotten cards, though!)

Yup, sacrifice to Delta temple.

I will play 4 attack 1 bleed card.
@ironwulf

I play 2 attack 2 defense card
@Infested_terran

Can we include both the poster name and color they are in every game state? It’s way too confusing for me going by just what god everyone is.

I play the 4 strength card. I choose to go 4th.

Order choice is

@Lantz
GreatAtlantic
Ironwulf

1. Infested Terran (blue)

Order choice is

@GreatAtlantic
Ironwulf

1. Lantz (black)
  2. Infested Terran (blue)

The thing is, in the mod I have a big ol’ picture of every god on the player cards and every unit is labelled with the gods and none of these things are true of the player name because you’re not playing the mod with me. So it’s much easier for me to keep track of what’s going on by god. And, IMO, more flavorful. Would it work for people to start prefixing their actions with their god name (and color, sure)?

By the way - if people need to keep track of the game state between turns, that’s fine, but could you please use the “Hide Details” option (it’s under the gear icon in the post menubar) to collapse that stuff so that it’s easier to pick out your action?