Kemet play-by-forum game

I just realized it was my turn. Well, those paying attention noticed I never used Act of God, so now is the time for a double move.

First, though, I play DI card prayer for +2 PP.

PP: 4+ 2 = 6.

I will the silver recruit into the a Pyramid of my choice. It does not matter which one. I will go ahead and buy all 7 units and have Polyphemus join them on the board.

PP: 6 - 6 = 0.

Next I move (middle row). I will send a new priest down the middle and pick up 1 PP.

For the actual move, I teleport the new troop with all units and Polyphemus to the now vacant 3 Temple West.

PP: 1 - 1 = 0.

With all bonuses stacked, the stack is at 10 Strength.

Summary

Greatatlantic Kemet State
VP: 2 (temporary for temple, pyramid)
PP: 0
White-4, Blue-3, Red-1
Troops: 5 (1 Prst) on 3 Temple East
Priest: 1 First Card (middle), 1 unplaced
4 DI Cards

Power Tiles:
Defense! - +1 Strength when defending
Charge - +1 Stength when attacking
Hand of God - During night phase raise one pyramid 1 level.
Priest of Ra - All PP Costs reduced by 1.
Kracken - +1 Strength on (non-city province touching Nile)
Act of God - Silver Action Token for Extra Action
Polyphemus - Creature allows up to 7 men in troop and +1s/+1m

Sills:

Defensive Position - +1 Strength when defender

Available actions:
Move, XRecruit
XUpgrade Pyramid, SMove, Pray
XWhite Tile, XRed Tile, XBlue Tile, Pray

… and @Lantz.

5th Action Move:
a) Move my Ta-Seti priest one more spot on the bottom and leave her in place
b) Teleport my 5 soliders + scorpion to 3-East @Greatatlantic PP 3 > 1

I have pm’d @malkav11 my cards

@Lantz, can you give me a summary of your tech tiles? I need to know what the numbers are.

Lantz only has three: Initiative, the Scorpion, and Crusades. Crusades will reward him for killing your units in battle but doesn’t affect his strength, so it’s just the automatic two pre-battle kills from Initiative and then +2 str/dam from the Scorpion.

Can’t wait to see the outcome here!

BTW, I don’t think this affects the impending battle, but your priest move gives you two units worth of recruitment - which city space would you like them to be in? (It happens before your troop moves out, so not that one.)

Battle! Wadjet (Lantz) vs Anubis (Greatatlantic)
Wadjet is attacking with 5 units plus the Giant Scorpion creature.
Anubis is defending with 5 units, including a priest, and benefits from the Kraken creature.

Pre-battle:
Initiative causes Anubis to lose 2 units. Per FAQ, Anubis chooses which, so priest survives.

Battle cards:
Wadjet plays [3 str, 1 prot] battle card.
Anubis plays [3 str, 1 prot] battle card.

Total strength:
Wadjet has 5 for troops, 3 for card, 2 for scorpion = 10
Anubis has 3 for troops, 3 for card, 1 for Kraken, 1 for Defensive power tile, 1 for Defensive Position skill = 9
Wadjet wins! Wadjet receives 1 permanent VP
Anubis receives 1 Dawn token

Damage:
Wadjet deals 2 for scorpion vs 1 prot from Anubis battle card = 1 damage
Crusades grants Wadjet 2 PP
Anubis deals 0 damage.

Retreat/recall:
Wadjet @Lantz, want to recall? :)
Anubis opted to recall in battle PM. Anubis regains 2 PP

Anubis has used all 8 battle cards and refreshes.

Red Pyramid please!

I will decline :)

I am shocked. Truly. ;)

There will be a full state update in a couple more actions but in case anyone needs it, post battle board looks like this:

5th action Bastet/blue

Move top tier: Teleport 2 city units + snake to west most temple

3->1 PP

and that’s the turn. Sacrifice to delta temple

Going to try to have the turn update for you guys later tonight - got my RL gaming group meeting in a couple minutes here.

I wish Tabletop Simulator let you lay down pieces on their side for better overhead screenshots. It’s possible but only by accident after you try flinging them a couple of times. They always land the wrong way and the slightest click sets them upright again.

You forgot to move a priest.

Oops. Move priest from 1st middle location to top 2nd location. Put recruit with troop on west temple. Claim the double bladed object thingy and reset priest to beginning.

End of Day Phase
Step 1: Temple PP
Sobek (ironwulf) controls east 2 point temple. Receives 2 PP for a total of 2 PP
Anubis (Greatatlantic) controls west 3 point temple. Receives 3 PP for a total of 5 PP
Wadjet (Lantz) controls east 3 point temple. Receives 3 PP for a total of 6 PP
Bastet (infested_terran) controls Delta Temple and west 2 point temple. Bastet sacrifices one unit to receive 5 PP from Delta temple and receives 2 from west 2 point temple. New total 8 PP

Step 2: VP
Bastet controls 2 temples and receives 1 permanent VP

State of the Game Start of Turn 4

Sobek (ironwulf, red)
2 temporary VP (pyramid, temple)
2 PP
1 DI card
1 unit in reserve
2 unused battle cards
1 Dawn token
Pyramids: 4/3/1 Black/Red/White
Power Tiles:
Mercenaries: permanently adds 3 units to Sobek’s available forces
Priest: Sobek’s Pray actions now add 3 PP rather than 2
Dark Ritual: Provides a gold action token that may be used alongside a regular action token to perform the Pray action. (One gold action may be taken per turn.)
God Speed: Sobek’s units may move an additional space during move actions.
Royal Scarab: Creature that provides +2 str and +2 move to linked troop.
Bestial Fury: provides all of Sobek’s troops +1 str, +1 dam, and +1 move

Anubis (Greatatlantic, yellow)
2 temporary VP (pyramid, temple)
5 PP
3 DI cards
6 units in reserve (including 1 priest)
8 unused battle cards
2 Dawn tokens
Pyramids: 4/3/1 White/Blue/Red
Power Tiles:
Defense!: when defending, gains +1 strength.
Hand of God: during the Night phase, may raise one pyramid level for free.
Priest of Ra: Whenever Anubis spends PP, he spends 1 less PP.
Kraken: Creature: grants +1 str to Anubis’ troops whenever they engage in battle in a region adjacent to the Nile (other than cities).
Act of God: Grants a silver action token that may be used on an unused action after resolving a regular action token.
Polyphemus: Creature: provides +1 str and +1 move to linked troop, and allows that troop to contain up to 7 units.
Charge!: Provides +1 str when attacking.
Priest Skills:
Defensive Position: Any troop with one of Anubis’ priests with them gains +1 str when defending.

Wadjet (Lantz, black)
2 permanent VP (battle), 2 temporary VP (pyramid, temple)
6 PP
3 DI cards
5 units in reserve
6 unused battle cards
1 Dawn token
Pyramids: 4/3/1 Red/White/Black
Power Tiles:
Initiative: When attacking, destroy 2 units from the defending troop before the start of battle.
Giant Scorpion: Creature - grants +2 str, +2 damage, +1 movement to linked troop.
Crusade: At the end of battle, receive 2 PP for each troop you destroyed during the battle. (Not pre-battle.)

Bastet (infested_terran, blue)
1 permanent VP (temple control), 2 temporary VP (temple)
8 PP
4 DI cards
4 units in reserve
4 unused battle cards
Pyramids: 3/2/2 Blue/White/Black
Power Tiles:
Legion: Troops may contain 7, rather than 5 units.
Enforced Recruitment: May recruit to any space where Bastet has units as well as Bastet’s own city.
Protective Aura: Bastet’s troops may not suffer any damage outside of battle.
Khnum’s Sphinx: Creature - provides linked troop +1 str, 1 movement capacity; opponents desiring to enter space with Sphinx must pay 2 PP.
Priestess: Subsequent power tile purchases cost 1 less PP.
Twin Ceremony: Provides gold action token that may be used after a regular action to reuse an already used tile purchase action at an additional 1 PP cost.
Prescience: During battle, Bastet’s foe must play their battle card first and face up. (Does not include DI cards.)
Deep Desert Snake: Creature: provides linked troop +1 move, and cancels the abilities of any opposing creature during battle.
Objects:
Flaming Khopesh: +1 str in one battle.
Double-edged Dagger: may be expended before choosing battle cards. If user wins battle, they receive an additional VP. If they lose, they lose a VP.