Kemet play-by-forum game

edited post

I will pay 1 PP and play this on @Greatatlantic:

If I interpret the card correctly, I cannot target a specific troop?
If that is the case I’ll wait for @Greatatlantic response before proceeding further in my turn

It destroys one enemy unit (as opposed to a troop, which is composed of several units) of your choice.

Oops, yeah, I meant unit instead of troop. Okay, if I can choose the unit I will target the priest in his troop at Three Temple East
@Greatatlantic

Alright, back from a white Easter. I had a hard time believing a DI card could single out a priest. Just seemed unbalanced, as priests take several actions/rounds to obtain while DI cards are usually good for 1 free action or temporarily having a technology. Fortunately (for me), I was able to find confirmation. This post from a Matagot rep confirms an owner of the targeted troop always gets to decide what unit is destroyed from the targeted troop and thus protect the priest (except I suppose really fringe circumstances).

So, my priests with Shield of Neth and Defensive Position will remain on the board. I will let @ironwulf finish his turn.

@Infested_terran, the silver and gold tokens are played when you play a regular actions. Yes, you can use both at the same ‘phase’, but note you can never have more than 1 gold and 1 silver token. The silver token can be played to any empty action box. So, it does not let you pray 3 times a round. A gold token is played to the top of the Pyramid, and what actions it can allow is dependent on what power tiles you have. Just know you never get more than 5 action rounds, and never more than 3 actions per action round.

Bastet does whatever she wishes!

That BGG post from the developers matches what I expected the card to do.
I wanted to see your response as I was waiting to see if it would draw a Veto card, and if not, which troop you would pick to have a unit destroyed. As you have identical strength at both Temples, can I just assume you’ll pick a troop at Three Temple East?

For remainder:
5th Action: Move (middle level)
Advance a priest along top path to first space, pick up 1 PP and the +1 Defense token to use in battle this turn. Priest will stay at this space.
PP 2 >3
Move my troop from my Black Pyramid in my city to attack @Greatatlantic at Three Temple East

p.s. I’m at work right now so will not be able to send @malkav11 my cards I’m using until I get home in morning

But then can be recruited like a standard unit whenever you take a recruit action, so I don’t agree it would be unbalanced. That said, removing the special powers would lead to weird rules scenarios like the one in the thread you linked, so I can see why they made that ruling.

Not true. You can have multiple tiles that grant a gold token as long as the action they give with the gold token is different (I think they all are, but if not, the duplicate power thing applies). However, you only have one space to place a gold token, so you can only use one gold token per Day phase.

Yes, you can have multiple tiles that give you a gold action token, BUT a player can only ever have 1 gold token. Which is what I said. Never said anything about tiles that give gold action tokens. More tiles just gives the player more options with what they can do with it.

This is actually brought up in the reference you linked to: “Take a golden Action Token if you don’t already have one… If you have multiple power tiles which use a golden Action token, you can only activate one of them during each Day phase.”

Fair enough. I feel like it’s much, much easier to track if you keep the gold token on each tile and use the one off the tile you’ve taken.

Sorry to have missed this previously, but this action is also illegal: you’ve already used the Buy White Power Tile action this turn.

I will buy the black Deadly Trap tile in an effort to cause the least causality issues.

@Infested_terran, @ironwulf does that change your fifth actions at all?

My 5th action will remain the same

Same.

Sorry, I don’t think you can do this either. Based on my calculations, you’re at 0 PP at this point. You started with 11, paid 3 for the White VP tile, paid 3 to recruit your units, recouped 3 by recalling, gained 1 from Mana Theft (I think this might be a point of confusion - it doesn’t give you the PP everyone else loses, it gives you 1.), and then paid 9 to upgrade the pyramid from level 1 to level 4, leaving you with 0.

Guh!

I will Pray for 2PP and forgiveness for my incompetence

I assume that actions that didn’t change when Lantz was buying a power tile are especially unlikely to change for just praying, so I believe we are waiting on @Greatatlantic to PM me battle cards.

@malkav11, OK, I can get that to you, I was just waiting to see if there were any objects being played and to make sure we got the legal/illegal move thing figured out.

Though, question: How many battle cards does ironwolf still have available?

Oh, I was going back and reading actions and noticed this. It is not hit 8 by the end of your action, the rule is before you place one action token. Meaning you need to reach 8 or more and hold it until the start your next turn.