Kemet play-by-forum game

Yes, that’s accounted for, but it happens after the start of turn 5, like the 2 PP and DI card distributions.

Actually as we’re all at 5 I believe @Lantz should have next choice?

Sorry, late at night, sounds right.

I will take the 3rd spot, then @Infested_terran right?

Right.

This is close but not quite correct. The flow goes like this:
Before placing an action token, there’s a check to see if the player has at least 8 VP. If they do, end game is triggered. If no one else has more VP, then they immediately win (even if someone else ties them). If someone else does have more, then the entire rest of the Day phase plays out, and most VP at the end of that phase wins, with tie breakers being tied player with the most battle VP, and then tied player who was first in turn order. There are no further victory checks on subsequent actions.

2nd spot

Question: if I have a creature in reserve, can I recruit and place it with a troop that has an existing creature and replace it with the new one?

It’s not 100% clear from the rules but per BGG threads it looks like the answer is no. Basically, creatures are linked to a troop until it is completely eliminated from the board, at which point they instantly link to a troop in your city if there is one, or return to your reserve if there is not. But there is no mechanism for deliberately removing a troop from the board (short of recalling after battle), nor unlinking a creature from a troop. If you wanted to recruit a third troop you could add a third creature to it, but since you only have 3 units in reserve that’s probably not desirable.

And I seem to have missed that turn order is established, so:
Turn Order

1. Anubis (Greatlantic, yellow)
  2. Bastet (Infested_terran, blue)
  3. Wadjet (Lantz, black)
  4. Sobek (Ironwulf, red)

@Greatatlantic take us out.

PS: Everyone’s clear that there are two of a lot of the level 1 tiles, right (the reference sheets show which ones)? I only ask because only one of the two has been bought for any of the two-fers, and I see at least one that I think might be tactically handy at the moment.

I am about to run out, but I am pretty sure I want my first move to be to purchase Cerebus and drop him on 3 Temple West. This will cost me 1 PP.

I will present a full summary when I get back, but fortunately the board state has not changed much.

@Infested_terran

Pretty sure? Or definitely? :p

Yes, it is for sure my move, I am not positive it is the move I actually want, but it is certainly my move.

Hence, back @Infested_terran

1st action: top move action
Move priest to claim Seti VP
Move entire troop to Lantz’s black pyramid.

@Lantz

1st action: Pray for 2 PP

A full troop would be 5 units. Recruitment costs 1 PP per unit. You don’t have enough for that. Do you want to recruit an understrength unit for 4 or fewer PP, or would you prefer to change your action?

(Also, keep in mind that Infested_terran could absolutely just move right back and attack you and there’s a decent chance you’d lose.)

Edited. Sorry everyone, I think that my notes are actively hurting me at this point trying to get the rules straight. Thanks for the patience

@ironwulf

@Lantz, you might want to download the rules summary here:

This is invaluable for quickly looking up the info. The only tiles it doesn’t have reference for are the promo tiles unfortunately.

That is amazing thanks. I have been trying to use the rules plus some notes from watching a couple youtube videos. Not working amazingly.

1st Action:
Move (top level)

Move Priest on top path from 1st town to 2nd town. With the recruit action I passed over I’ll add 1 unit to my troop with the Royal Scarab. I’ll also claim the Bull Statue for 2 DI cards.
I’ll wait to see what my cards are before performing the rest of my Move action.
(oh…and of course after claiming the statue my priest moves back to beginning of Path)