Kemet play-by-forum game

Oops, you’re right.

**4th action: top level move.

Move priest to first middle location on T-Seti path. Pick up 1 PP. Claim Flaming Khopesh object. Mov eback to start of path.

6->7 PP

Move 2 units from black pyramid to blue pyramid. Teleport all 7 units to Delta Temple

7->5 PP**

@Greatatlantic

Question about the Ta-Seti skills: do Charge! and Defensive Position skills stack with the same colored tile powers?

And at what point in the battle do you have to declare if you’re using objects? The manual doesn’t say, only that the attacker has to declare first.

I purchase the white power tile Hand of God for 3 PP.

PP go from 5 - 3 = 2.

Hey, to help players keep track of things, I present a list of my power tiles.

Power Tiles:
Defense! - +1 Strength when defending
Hand of God - During night phase raise one pyramid 1 level

Edit, oh yeah, @ironwulf it is your turn. I will figure out this @ thing yet!

I know on some forums the @ mention doesn’t work in edits, only in an original post.

Well, I can fix that by summoning @ironwulf now!

And now I’m really regretting my pyramid choices. It should be obvious now that I figured that the prayer points from a temple would be a viable substitute for the white economy powers.

But now looking at that Hand of God power. That right there is a free 3 or 4 power every turn, with zero risk involved. I’m taking a huge risk at the Delta temple for a net 4 power every turn until I get kicked out.

For the first part of your question, I can’t find a direct official ruling but priest skills are not power tiles and only apply to a troop with a priest with them, and a part of a compiled rules supplemental said “bonuses of the same type are always cumulative”, so I think they probably do stack, yes.

The objects reference does specify when you have to declare them, though: The Khopesh, Shield, Mask and Dagger are played at the start of a battle before battle cards are chosen, with the attacker declaring, then the defender.

For my action I Pray (middle level)
PP go from 0 > 3
@Lantz you’re up

Action 4: Buy the Red Initiative Power Tile PP 4>0

Forgot to ping @Infested_terran

Question: does the black tile “Honor in Battle” apply to pre-battle casualties like Initiative or Deadly Trap?

I would say no. Initiative is very intentionally worded to happen before the battle. Honor in Battle rewards PP for units killed by opponent in battle. Ditto Deadly Trap happens before the battle.

However, if Malkav can find other wording, I will let him referee the rules.

Also there’s a bunch of tiles that I’m not recognizing from the reference sheet. There are some that have mixed costs (2 white + 2 blue), then at the bottom of every color each one has a tile that I’m not recognizing anywhere from the rulebook or expansion.

Those are the promo tiles. They’re listed in the reference gallery I linked. Though the multicolor tiles are a little tough to read: the red and blue one makes your opponent reveal any DI cards they’re playing to a battle before you pick your battle and DI cards. The white and red lets you dump as many DI cards as you want at night to draw that many plus one new ones. The blue and white gives you temporary VP for pyramids at level 3 instead of having to build them to 4.

And yeah, Honor in Battle works off units killed by your opponent in the casualty step of battle, not pre-battle deaths.

Does the color token mean that tile isn’t available for that game? If so, why does blue have 2 level two tiles blocked off (elephant and snake) while everything else only has 1 tile on each level blocked? (not counting the Cyclades tiles)

I’m not sure what you’re referring to but I think you’re seeing the creature standees sitting on top of the tile that grants them. My screenshots have tended to be pretty top down so you can’t really see the art on the standees.

Oooooooh. That makes more sense.

Well then, let’s see if I can catch up on the economy game.

Action 5: Raise pyramid. Build white pyramid from 0 to 2.

5->2 PP

@Greatatlantic

I will us Move (top row). I send my Priest down the middle path, gain 1 PP. The stop is empty, so I leave my priest there to continue down at a later time.

Next, I teleport the 5 troops from West Blue Pyramid to the 3 Temple West, claiming the temporary victory point.

PP: 2 + 1(path) - 2 (teleport cost) = 1.

I am keeping a note pad of my game state. It might be helpful if others also did so.

Greatatlantic Kemet State
VP: 1 (temporary for temple)
PP: 1
White-3, Blue-1, Unchosen-0
Troops: 5 on The West White-3, 5 on 3-Temple West
2 DI Cards

Power Tiles:
Defense! - +1 Strength when defending
Hand of God - During night phase raise one pyramid 1 level.

Available actions:
MoveX, Recruit
Upgrade PyramidX, Move, PrayX
White TileX, Red Tile, Blue TileX, Pray

Selected Action: Upgrade White Pyramid to Level 3, cost of 3 PP.

Oh, right @ironwulf.

I’ll be posting game states every turn - more frequently if needed. Doesn’t hurt to keep your own records if you like, though.