Kemet play-by-forum game

Great idea @Greatatlantic I’ve copied your format and already seen I’ve made some terrible decisions.

ironwulf Kemet State
VP: 0
PP: 3
Red-1, Black-3, White-1
Troops: 4 on The North Red-1, 1 on North Black 3, 4 on North White 1
1 DI Card

Power Tiles:
Priest - +1 PP when Praying
Mercenaries - Gain 3 mercenary troops.

Available actions:
MoveX, Recruit
Upgrade PyramidX, Move, PrayX
White TileX, Red Tile, Black TileX, Pray

For my final action moving 4 figures from The North (middle space) down to North Yard

@Lantz is up

For my 5th move I will move my 5 units from my white city spot to the empty one.
@malkav11 on to you I believe

When you take a Move action you can move one of your priests on the Path to Ta-Seti. There’s really no downside to doing so while I think you technically don’t have to I’m going to assume you’d like to and forgot. Which path do you take, and do you leave your priest there (which means you do not gain any object or skill at that location), or take the object or skill there and return your priest to the start?

Same goes for you, @Lantz.

I’ve never included the Path to Ta-Seti, so did overlook this.
I’ll move my priest along the top path, picking up 1PP and staying at the location.

Maybe they just want to save all the Seti goodies for me?

Sorry, my first game, totally missed that. I will take the bottom point, take the 1 PP and leave my priest in play.

Thanks for the prodding!

State of the game:
Game board at the start of turn 2:

Bastet (infested_terran):
1 temporary VP (temple)
7 PP
2 DI cards
2 units in reserve
8 unused Battle cards
Pyramids: 2/2/1 Blue/White/Black
Power Tiles:
Legion: Troops may contain 7, rather than 5 units.
Enforced Recruitment: May recruit to any space where Bastet has units as well as Bastet’s own city.
Objects:
Flaming Khopesh: +1 strength in one battle.

Anubis (Greatatlantic)
1 temporary VP (temple)
4 PP
2 DI cards
2 units in reserve
8 unused Battle cards
Pyramids: 3/1 White/Blue
Power Tiles:
Defense!: when defending, gains +1 strength.
Hand of God: during the Night phase, may raise one pyramid level for free.

Sobek (ironwulf)
4 PP
2 DI cards
5 units in reserve
8 unused Battle cards
Pyramids: 3/1/1 Black/Red/White
Power Tiles:
Mercenaries: permanently adds 3 units to Sobek’s available forces
Priest: Sobek’s Pray actions now add 3 PP rather than 2

Wadjet (Lantz)
1 temporary VP (lvl 4 pyramid)
1 PP
2 DI cards
2 units in reserve
8 unused Battle cards
Pyramids: 4/1 Red/White
Power Tiles:
Initiative: When attacking, destroy 2 units from the defending troop before the start of battle.

Step 1: Each player receives 2 PP
Bastet is now at 9 PP
Anubis is at 6 PP
Sobek is at 6 PP
Wadjet is at 3 PP

Step 2: Distribution of DI cards - coming in your PMs.

Step 3: Night powers:
@Greatatlantic, which pyramid would you like to raise a level? (I have this sneaking suspicion, but, y’know, still your call.)

Step 4: Refreshing the Path to Ta-Seti:

In reverse of the previous turn order (i.e. @Lantz, @ironwulf, @Greatatlantic, @Infested_terran), each player must post a face up battle card they are playing, PM me a battle card they are discarding, and if y’all had Dawn tokens you could choose to spend them. The only relevant characteristic in this phase is the card’s strength. The player with the highest Dawn value will get to decide where they place themselves in the turn order, and then the next highest, etc, until the order is full. If there’s a tie, last turn’s turn order breaks it. (I.e., first player wins a tie with anyone else, and so on down.) At this point, any Dawn tokens played are discarded.

I can confirm I will raise the white pyramid to level 4, which does give me another temporary victory point.

To be clear, we haven’t gotten our PP from temples yet, right? Otherwise, I (Anubis) should be at another 6.

Sorry, that was supposed to happen at the end of the Day Phase. So yes, you would have 6 PP total and Infested_terran (/Bastet) would have 9 if he chooses to activate the delta temple. You’d also have gotten permanent VP if any of you had two temples, but nobody does.

Sacrifice a unit to the almighty Delta for 5 PP

4->9

Can the +5 strength, lose 2 units combat card be used for the dawn phase?? What happens then?

Also the Flaming Khopesh object never says it can only be used on attack, just “+1 strength” and that it has to be used “when a battle starts and before battle cards are chosen”.

It can. The only thing that’s counted is strength so I assume you just get 5 strength for the phase and that’s it. But since you’ve played it it won’t be available for actual battling until you’ve used or discarded all 8.

I will play (this is the 2 attack 2 protection card)

@ironwulf

I’ll play the 3 attack 1 protection card
@Greatatlantic

Would be helpful to list what color everyone is in the state updates!

I think:

Infested terran- Blue
ironwulf-red
Lantz- Black? (can’t tell what the bottom color is)
Greatatlantic-yellow

Greatatlantic is yellow. Lantz is black, yeah.

According the rules, ONLY the strength value is taken into account. So, I’d agree the lose 2 dudes portion of the new card would be ignored as well.

Everyone, also note that you are suppose to discard a card at this time as well. By rule, and to stop some really annoying min-maxing, that card is discarded face down. So, please send malkav a message letting him know your discard.

Anyways, here is my played card:

My discard is about to be sent in a message, malkav. Thanks!

Oh, and @Infested_terran

I’ll remember one of these days.

Downside to playing a game where the turn order shifts. In the BSG games it becomes second nature.