Kemet play-by-forum game

@malkav11 unless I missed something in a FAQ somewhere, the Flaming Khopesh object’s +1 strength can be used in any battle, not just attacking (neither of the 2 mentions of it in the entire manual mention a restriction to attacking). Can the game state post be updated to reflect that? I just wouldn’t want someone’s plan to be ruined thinking I couldn’t use it on defense.

Play 2 strength/2 protection card

Turn order placement choice is

@Greatatlantic
ironwulf
infested terran
Lantz

I’ll take the last turn spot. Copy and past your name into the turn order. Also, maybe color?

Round 2 Turn Order:
4. Greatatlantic (the yellow dog of death Anubis)

@ironwulf

Fixed. Also fixed the PP totals.

Round 2 Turn Order:
2. ironwulf (red hounds of Sobek)

Round 2 Turn Order:

1. Infested Terran
  2. ironwulf (red hounds of Sobek)
  3. Lantz

1st action: Buy blue tile Protective Aura

9->8 PP

@ironwulf

1st action: Buy black power tile Dark Ritual
6 -> 5 PP

@Lantz

I just noted in your summary for me, I only have 2 units in reserve (not 5).
Each section of my city should have one of the mercenary units from when I bought the tile.

Oops, yeah, missed that they deploy directly. I don’t think you specified that distribution at the time? But yeah, I’ll fix that when I get home.
Just for the record, since y’all started without me (it’s fine, I didn’t have any needed input…)
Day%20Phase

Sorry, I am an idiot and missed that it is my turn.

Action 1: Purchase the Giant Scorpion Red Power Tile. Give him to my red temple location troops. PP 6 > 2

edit: red temple, I said white but I don’t have dudes there

@Greatatlantic

Curious why anyone would ever want to play a discard face up instead of face down.

My understanding is it is a house rule option at the start of the game, you can play it either way. This is my first actual game, I have only watched videos. Face down seems way more interesting.

Really? To me having it face up (which would be my preference, can’t remember if we established one way or the other) is much more interesting because it lets you have a better idea what your opponent can play and thus try to predict what they actually will. Whereas if it’s face down you at most know the three cards they previously played, during the fourth battle, and that doesn’t really help that much.

I read it as it’s the player’s choice every time he discards one during battle. Are we playing differently?

I can’t argue for a specific option with any real conviction, it’s my first game :)

I don’t have the rules on my phone but I am reasonably sure that’s not right.

Actually, they are red pyramids, temples are something else.

The face down rule is to stop obnoxious min-maxing which delays the game. Perhaps for a play by forum game that is less an issue, but when you are playing this live and other players keep asking to look through your discard every time there is a battle, it gets old fast.

For my move, I will go ahead and buy Priest of Ra. Now, whenever I spend PP, I spend one less.

PP: 6 - 4 = 2.

@Infested_terran

This is the part of the rules I am referring to:

After the battle, the played Battle cards are discarded (so are the played DI cards) face down or visible according to the choice made by the players before the beginning of the game.

Actually, I think to streamline things a bit, let’s have the battle procedure go:
When you make the move (or potentially, recruit) action that triggers a battle, mention the attacked player (after moving your priest, of course!) so they know, post any relevant object(s) you’re using - and relevant power tiles, ideally, and PM me your discard, your play, and any DI cards you want to deploy. The defender will do the same, then pause until I can resolve the battle.

I.e., discards facedown. And yeah, it’s one decision for everyone before the game starts (or in this case, before any battles have happened, since Dawn works differently), not individually.