Kemet play-by-forum game

Wait a sec, protective aura says “Your troops cannot suffer from any damage outside of a battle”.

What does that mean in regards to the Delta temple’s ability to remove a unit for 5 power? Does that mean I can’t use that anymore??? I totally wouldn’t have taken it then.

What about the +5 strength, lose 2 units battle card? It says it can’t be prevented, but that the reason it can’t be prevented is because the player is inflicting it instead of his opponent. But protective aura doesn’t mention any restriction on the source of the damage.

I can’t imagine that is what the game intended with the tile. I imagine it makes you immune to the damage other players would do to you (Initiative, that DI card that kills troops, etc.), but not the damage you would do to yourself (The new battle card, and troops to pay for Delta boons).

I know that some powers have the potential to screw you over (once you have initiative, you cannot score a VP against 1-2 unit troops since they’re wiped out before any battle takes place). I’d like an official host clarification before deciding on the next move.

Fair enough, I was just stating my opinion/interpretation. Maybe there is a clarifying post at board game geek?

That isn’t damage. You’re sacrificing units. IMO.

Unfortunately, it’s a promo tile, so while there are a bunch of FAQs about the base game and a few about Ta-Seti I can’t find much of anything for the promos. But that’s what makes sense to me.

(canceled) see below

So, um, sorry to roll back this far but…you don’t have 6 PP. You have 3. (You’re Wadjet.) What would you like to do instead of buying the Scorpion?

I just wanted to tip my hand like an idiot.

Oh, that is not a game action?

I will do the middle Pray for +2 PP > 5.

Apologies all.

Oh, can I redo my action then? My last one was pretty much a response to possibly getting hit by a scorpion next turn.

@malkav11

Sure. I kinda suspect the scorpion is still coming, though… :p

Does Forced Recruitment let me place a creature on an existing troop outside my city as soon as I purchase its tile? If not, what about during a recruit action when it’s in the reserve?

No.

I wasn’t able to find a direct answer on this from the designer/publisher - the question did come up on BGG but to me does not clarify this specific issue - but the general consensus seems to be yes and that seems fair to me.

The distinction is that the rule for creature placement specifies putting them in a city when you purchase a tile, whereas once in your reserve they are placed with a Recruit action. Enforced Recruitment affects Recruit actions specifically.

PS: If it comes up, Mercenaries are not affected by Enforced Recruitment when purchased, as they also have specific placement rules, but once you have them they’re regular units and can be Enforced Recruited wherever.

Raise Black Pyramid from 3>4
PP 5>1

@Lantz

Action 2: Purchase the Giant Scorpion Red Power Tile. Give him to my red pyramid location troops. PP 5 > 1

@Greatatlantic

Before we get any further, @Infested_terran, did you still want to change your most recent action? The scorpion is happening after all, just a little later, so it seems like it would still be useful. But if you do we should get that fixed before we have
more stuff to retcon.

**2nd action: Raise pyramid. Black pyramid from level 1 to 2

8->6 PP**

I would recommend someone other than the scorpion and heavy red player grab Crusades before they do for infinite war machine fuel.

Note to self: Look into this Crusades thing

From what I can tell, people broke turn order, which is forgivable considering the PP confusion and infested terrain’s choices.

This was the first phase.

Infested Terran - Bought Blue Tile Protective Aura
ironwulf (red hounds of Sobek) - Bought Black Tile Dark Ritual
Lantz - Pray
Greatatlantic (the yellow dog of death Anubis) - Originally bought Priest of Ra, but rolled back due to Lantz not having the PP to be red scorpion.

So, I was due to re-give my turn order, but I hadn’t done that yet. That being stated, I would have still done the same action in response to Lantz praying instead of purchasing. So, let us assume that took.

Phase 2 seems to have happened in reverse. Infested terrain wanted to redo his turn 2 since Red Scorpian wasn’t on the field, but Ironwulf and Lantz gave their phase 2 orders before Lantz gave his phase 2 orders.

So, right now we are here:

Infested terrain - Raise Black pyramid to level 2.
@ironwulf, it is your turn again, if it has changed due to infested terrian’s new choice. Then, Lantz can buy the Red Scorpian again.

PS, protective Aura would not help against the Scorpion, which does damage in battle. Protective Aura is clearly worded to only happen outside of battle, which would help against Initiative, which might totally make it worth it.

Hopefully this won’t be an issue again, but if someone does accidentally post an illegal action again and play progresses any before I (or someone else) catches it, the protocol should be to freeze play until they correct their action and then in turn order any subsequent actions posted should be confirmed or changed on that basis. I’ll try and bold a “freeze play” instruction.

On an unrelated note, it has occurred to me that a more useful way to provide you with DI hands without losing the exciting subgame of figuring out wtf that card I just PMed you actually does from the reference sheet would be to establish hidden Imgur galleries for each of you with screenshots of each card in your hand and PM you the link. That way I can delete the card from the gallery as it leaves your hand, but nobody else should be able to access it without the link. I’ll move to that model next time they’re distributed.