Kenshi (An open ended, squad-based Strategy RPG)

Thanks! I did not realize the beams only happen during the day. Gives me an excuse to rest for a few hours anyway. :)

I’ve only been there once and bought some AI cores and some Edge weapons. Didn’t even see the library. :( Time for a revisit.
You know, this game can be really brutal. At my base near the Swamp, I mostly get hungry bandit and Swamp ninja raids. They always fail and result in piles of corpses at the front gate. I gave up using the corpse furnace since it required a lot of micromanagement. (The corpses eventually despawn, although there’s the constant hum of flies when my base is the focus.) Sometimes though a new raid will hit before they disappear, and I’m not sure I’ve ever seen anything in a game as morbid as seeing crippled victims crawling through piles of corpses.

Once after one such raid I noticed a Swamp ninja crawling away; I clicked on him and his goal flickered rapidly back and forth between self-preservation and robotics. For some reason I sat there and watched as he tried to retreat. It didn’t register with me the thwunk, thwunk, thwunk of a newbie turret gunner continuing to fire at him.

The guy almost made it too.
Sigh.

[quote=“MrGrumpy, post:216, topic:64574, full:true”] I gave up using the corpse furnace since it required a lot of micromanagement. (The corpses eventually despawn, although there’s the constant hum of flies when my base is the focus.)
[/quote]

You can automate that.

Yeah, but the problem was the guys I assigned the job to didn’t do a very good job of picking up the corpses - I had to manually direct them to the pile and/or tell them to pick them up.

Mmmm was it far away from the furnace? I never had trouble with it. I only wish they would strip the corpses tho (they only do with meat and skin on animals if you set the other task first)

Probably. I kept meaning to make a new one but never got around to it.

This is really good fan art work that depicts the world of Kenshi remarkably well:

Later if/when I have more time, I’ll post some pictures of my own [role playing] descent into madness.

I’m starting to get to the point where my CPU is unable to keep up with all the stuff. ;)

I have a big base, 1.2m cats, and two dozen soldiers with top gear. I still get my ass kicked in battles though, especially against those spider robots and hivers in elite gear.

Some of my farms are becoming “infertile” tho. What’s up with that?

No idea. I didn’t think the world would be that dynamic.

Those spider robots are tough. It usually takes me a couple in game days to clear out a ruin, even pulling just a few at a time and with a couple of decent ranged characters plus using a mounted crossbow. (The tanks use sleeping bags to heal up between ‘pulls’ if they’re too badly injured, and invariably one or two usually are.)

Maybe I’m supposed to use night soil collected in the outhouse?

Heh. That or crop rotation.

Kenshi 2 is in the works, and will help improve this version.

It will use the same engine as the first game, though it’s being upgraded for performance. The upgrade will benefit the original Kenshi, too, as it will be applied as a free update. Other features could also be shared across the games.

I wonder how they can get data for that.

Glantz wrote a book. It’s got one page for every year that’s passed since then.

why is there no like button

I have a hard time imagining what they could possibly do. There’s a lot of junk lying around the wilderness, but not nearly enough for a large civilization, no matter how advanced, IMO. Unless they want to keep the population low and concentrated in small pockets like the first game.

What if their civilization was made of 90% biodegradable materials.

Did you think of that.

Has anyone beaten this game? I just play for a while, get a fairly large base that is well defended, research various techs and then kind of put it down. I did try and take a holy town, but the single paladin NPC was more powerful than my army.

Can you beat it? I assumed it was like Dwarf Fortress.

I heard you could take over the factions, like actually kill and own the holy faction, for example. Also that if you did certain things, some factions would start wars with other factions.