Kerbal Space Program

The 1.3 version of KER has been reported working with 1.4x upwards, although it had some display glitches here (oversized in building mode, took a bit of weird configuration to get it back to normal in flying mode).

Kerbal Alarm Clock was working also as of a few days ago.

It didnt here, at all ☹️

If you’re on KSP 1.4.1.2089 try KAC 3.9.0.0 or 3.9.1.0 … https://github.com/TriggerAu/KerbalAlarmClock/releases

I agree with @Fozzle that CKAN is behind, I’m manually downloading my mods after 1.4 dropped.

Kerbal Alarm clock is now on ckan, it is updated. I found a version of KER in the forums that was recompiled for 1.4.1 and works fine. the link to the post is here:

I now have the following working, and I’m able to get crazy again =)
Ampyear, BetterBurnTime, Chatterer, Connected Living Space, DeepFreeze, Snacks!, DPAI, Alarm Clock, Final Frontier, EVE, SVE, Transfer Window Planner, waypoint manager, MJ2, KER, Raster PropMonitor, Precise Maneuver, SCANSat, KIS,KAS,Indicator Lights…

E: OMG I love the new return pods! 1,2,3 man versions! so cool…

Also, this just dropped:

So, about that new EULA:

Recent Steam reviews are … negative.

Wow, the game is spyware now.

Aren’t they simply forced by their EU law compliance to come forth with practices that have always been there before?
It’d be ironic that being truthful about the data they gather instead of hiding it makes irate all the people who willingly were handing them that data all this time.

If that data was being collected surreptitiously, then people were hardly turning it over willingly.

How do I opt out of that crap? I want to play the game, not have my personal information sold to 3rd parties.

You opt out by uninstalling.

this is actually way overblown. It isn’t spyware any more than any other Eula. I don’t understand the specifics, but there was some people posting on the ksp subreddit about this.

also, kerbal space program doesn’t even need your information. just use a firewall to block it or turn off its internet access, you don’t need internet connection for it. uninstalling is ridiculously dramatic for such a good game.

And it isn’t spyware: they use the info we provide them. They don’t steal it or look over your shoulder or whatever. That people seems largely unaware that those shitty practices of tracking are the common, global rule online is what is really scary.
Google has been aware of my GOG purchase history for years, without me ever acknowledging whatever. Now at least, they come… clearer, I guess.

What makes you think that they wouldn’t collect my hardware configuration, console ID, software products played, purchases, and IP address if I didn’t want them to?

The thing is they already were and are. For some reason, in this world, using software implies renouncing all of your privacy, that’s the way it is.
Now they are just stating it, and they are getting backlashed for it, which is what I find ironic.

If Take2 isn’t doing the more onerous stuff with KSP, why put it in the EULA? The one thing that bothered me was “selling your e-mail address to 3rd parties”. I don’t need more spam and that kind of thing really angers me.

Not all software treats personal information as casually as KSP.

Compare:

Kerbal Space Program:

By installing and using the Software, you consent to… the transfer of any personal information and other information to Licensor, its affiliates, vendors, and business partners, and to certain other third parties

Stardew Valley:

Analytics information may be shared with advertisers on an anonymous aggregate basis. We may also publicise anonymous, aggregate statistics through our websites or other channels although this will not include your personal data.

Even Google is more careful with your data:

We do not share your personal information with companies, organizations, or individuals outside of Google except in the following cases:

… if you use Google Home to request a ride from a ride-sharing service, we’ll get your permission before sharing your address with that service.

If you’re a student or work for an organization that uses Google services (like G Suite),…

We provide personal information to our affiliates, … Google Commerce Ltd, Google Payment Corp, and Google Dialer Inc.

Ah, I stand corrected. I am a bit paranoid, so I assumed everybody was selling my data to anyone.
I must confess I am still distraught by how Google got its hand on some of my purchase history (especially since I am using a different google account, brr!)

Another semantics question: Would you consider this game, in addition to being a space sim, also a business sim? How important is the running-a-business aspect of this game? (I only played the demo before the business stuff was added.) Thanks.