Keyboard question

I have two computers hooked up to my mouse, keyboard, monitor through a lin-x-cel switch box. Everything is fine except that my cursor now scrolls in a stutter step when I am typing. Ditto for the arrow keys when I am scrolling an Excel document. Games, etc. are fine. I am assuming this is easily fixed, but I can’t figure it out. Thanks for any help.

my cursor now scrolls in a stutter step when I am typing

I can’t figure out what this means.

I think he means that the cursor moves upward on the screen in a series of jagged, broken motions. I could be wrong, though.

[quote=“Brian_Rubin”]

I think he means that the cursor moves upward on the screen in a series of jagged, broken motions. I could be wrong, though.[/quote]

But while typing? Maybe we have to define cursor. When I type, I see a blinking cursor that travels along the line I am typing on.

Let me see if I can explain this a little better. For example, let’s say after I finish typing this message I want to hit backspace and erase a sentence or two. The blinking cursor (or whatever you call the blinking straight line) will move much slower than it did before I hooked up the switch box. This is a universal problem in all Office programs, as well. If I want to move the cursor around with the space bar, arrow keys, or backspace, it just moves at a slow, staccato pace.

Typing in words, cutting and pasting, etc. are all fine. It’s just that damn cursor. Hope I explained it a little better. Thanks.

Sounds like this roblem only occurs whenever you have a key pressed for a period of time, is that right?

correct. Just when I hold the key down.

i know this is dumb, but there is a setting that controls this.

control panel -> keyboard -> repeat rate

perhaps something in windows skitzed when you installed the KVM and this setting got changed…

Thanks. Already tried that and it didn’t change anything.