Kickstarting and Screaming

Fully co-op sci-fi boardgame on KS that I just backed for $1 to get the stupid “Initial 72-hour” bonus- I’ll decide if I want to keep it later when I figure out how impacted I am by this coronavirus thing. That’s good for another 10 hours or so (Friday 7am PST).

They’ve been describing in in their ads as “Gloomhaven meets X-Wing”, a mix of piloting spaceships around fighting AI enemies, doing predefined maneuvers (like X-Wing, but on a hex map) leveling them up, etc., and doing ‘away missions’ on foot. There’s a big, branching campaign, etc. Two different pledge levels, one with enemy ship minis, and a cheaper one with standees.

OMG you guys, a new edition of the Fading Suns pen and paper RPG!

No stretch goal for an Emperor of the Fading Suns remake, no sale.

I played in PnP campaigns (ok, one campaign, I think) in this universe with the original set of rules. Loved it. Loved EotFS too, even with all of its flaws, and yeah, I’d LOVE a reboot of that game. But only if they did it right, and I think it would be a heavy lift. I think Harebrained could do it, or someone like that perhaps.

That’s how I discovered Quarter to Three in the first place!

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/197224-emperor-of-fading-suns/faqs/2214

The makers of The Messenger have put their next game on Kickstarter, and I think it looks stupendous. I’d call it a Chrono Trigger-like JRPG, but with advanced lighting and surprisingly smooth and varied navigation. The same composer is back, too, which is definitely good news.

Whelp, the Frosthaven KS is live. Already at 2million+ in minutes- I’m guessing it’ll top the second Kingdom Death:Monster KS when it’s done.

All characters from the first game(s) are fully compatible, and apparently FH ones are reverse-compatible. This one also brings settlement building to the table! Look at those stickers!

Damn. If you go to the KS page you can watch the amount pledged changed every few seconds. In less than a minute I watched it increase about $5000.

Yeah, it’s gained another 800k in the hour since I wrote that. o_0

$4.5 first day. Might hit $5m tonight, definitely within 24h

Petersen Games are doing their traditional April Fool’s KS. In this case, for a Yellow Sign energy drink (and giant Hastur figure w/ rules for use in Cthulhu Wars, Hyperspace and Planet Apocalypse).

This looks like a delightful little tabletop experience for families:

Burning Wheel HQ is Kickstarting a massively revised second edition of down-and-dirty dungeon crawling RPG Torchbearer:

They’ve separated the core rules into two books (both a few hundred pages) in their more usual digest size, and added a third book of further content.

I already backed this. I don’t get to play it much, but I love everything Torchbearer does, and this edition seems like a good rework of some core mechanics and consolidation of optional/supplemental stuff.

If anyone was on the fence, there are 6 hours left to back Frosthaven on KS:

Hey, look, they ended up topping KDM 1.5 by about 500k. Impressive! I ended up not backing it. Maybe I’ll pick it up if/when I finish the first.

I just put money down for Pulp Invasion, I’m a sucker for that old 50s style sci-fi artwork. Hopefully the game is decent.

It’s on my watch list. Seems like it could be fun.