Kickstarting and Screaming

Oh god I’m a white hot ball of rage at the Starflight campaign, which was on some other platform entirely I forget the name of. Nothing to show, barely any text or description of the game. We did a podcast with them where we did get more out of them AND THEY DIDN’T MENTION IT AT ALL. I’m still furious as to how poorly managed that campaign was. It’s like they didn’t want to do Starflight 3 so they let it fail so they could focus on Toejam and Earl instead.

This seems neat, a golf tabletop flicking game. Quite expensive though, I think mostly due to the use of wood tiles.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/meeplemaniagames/table-golf-association

That’s the sort of thing I love in concept but would never buy, as there is no place to set it up in my house, and I’d lose all the pieces.

I’m always on the lookout for an interesting new single player concept and this kickstarter showed up for me this morning:

Impressions I’ve found on BGG seem pretty favorable, just curious if anyone around here had any experiences or thoughts about the game.

One more I’m strongly leaning toward backing: a reprint of Reiner Knizia’s Ra! Well actually not a reprint, this has some serious new components, at least in the deluxe edition -

I’ve never played this one actually, but I know it’s highly regarded in general and over at BGG.

Any thoughts on the new Butterfield Enemy Action game from Compass?

Not sure if this is the spot to post this. But 1000 pre supported miniature stl’s and terrain, and bases ect. For a $50 donation to support feeding people in ukraine.

Good cause, and great deal.

Wow, sure is!

The Household TTRPG by 2LM (of Broken Compass fame) launched today:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2lm/household

The theme and setting appeal to me. Also, Broken Compass is easy to teach and really fun to play. But I think the price of the physical rewards added to CMON shipping uncertainties will keep me away from this one. I’m tempted though.

Oh this looks very delightful!

Man, I have to back this just for the art alone…

2LM produces beautiful art in their books. Up there with the big publishers, IMO. Their physical products are really high quality.

See their last KS for reference: Tabletop RPGs in 2022 - #32 by Wendelius

If the setting appeals, I can definitely recommend their art and system.

Looks like the campaign for Arcs, the new game from the team that did Root and Oath, is live today. I’m definitely going in on this one because I’m a sucker for a good spacefaring campaign. And while it seems like I’m one of the more ‘minis-friendly’ folks around here, I actually think the little wooden pieces look a little cooler, or maybe just a little cuter, than the plastic minis, so I don’t think I’ll be doing the all-in level. Anyone else interested?

My buddy who is a big Wehrle fan is pledging it, so I don’t have to! Not even scheduled to be delivered until December 2023 though, so… don’t hold your breath.

Well maybe by then all these shipping problems will be sorted out! Gotta be positive.

a yeah, I just noticed the 12/2023 tag on there and damn. I guess I also just pledged for the new Sleeping Gods, and that’s not until at least August of next year. But this game does look very, very good. I’m probably in for the game/campaign expansion, but not the minis.

I did Sleeping Gods too! I’ve got kind of a pipeline going: ISS Vanguard in August (hopefully), 7th Citadel maybe January-ish, and then Sleeping Gods next August. Then Arcs next December, if I get a chance to get together with my buddy to play it :)

Oh yeah, I’m on pins and needles for that one.

I still have three campaigns of Tainted Grail and the rest of Etherfields (which should have arrived by then) in the queue. Man. Heck, we’re still working on the main Etherfields campaign. Hopefully more tomorrow.

I kind of stopped Kickstarting for a while, except for some weird little TTRPG things. Other than SG, I’ve got the next Hexplore It, the second half of Etherfields content, and the Vampire: The Masquerade ‘Chapters’ game coming, supposedly over the summer.

V:TM is already super late, but I expect it to slip even further- that one is a clusterfuck. Etherfields is very late, too, but the latest delay is just due to the Shanghai lock down. I actually expect it to be here sometime soon.

I think HI4: Mirza Noctis is relatively on-time. There was some drama around that one last month, regarding the campaign book for HI1, but that seems to be resolved now.

I was interested in Stellaris, and a few others, but ultimately just wasn’t sold.