Kickstarting and Screaming

It’s an official Twitter account run by SEGA. It’s actually pretty infamous for being full of troll posts. Whoever they have doing it is an ace at the internet.

That’s the best thing I will find out all day. The Best.

That’s just super shitty. As if the developers don’t realize their game didn’t live up to the potential and the hype and the $4 million kickstarter, now a rival developer/publisher is rubbing their face in it? I guarantee Inafune, et al, have known for months–like, can’t sleep at night, ruined work relationships, bracing for angry kickstarters known–that the game wasn’t ready for release. I would hope nobody with any experience in game development approved that nasty Twitter post.

Not to pester, but did you get to take a look at the table in person? I’ve seen a few comments on the Kickstarter page from folks who saw it at Origins and they were generally favorable.

They didn’t have the topper, so my impressions are just of the table. The size is good. It was heavy and seemed solid, but I’m not sure the build quality justifies the price. Visible bolts and the finish wasn’t the best. Granted, this was just the prototype and it had been well handled when I saw it (their booth was very popular.) I’m personally not going to back the Kickstarter and will go in a homebuilt table direction, but I could see how someone would be interested.

Thanks for the feedback. I believe the Kickstarter creator mentioned there were some issues with the prototype table, such as a gap underneath the mat in the vault, and that these would be addressed in the next prototype. I’m was hoping the next prototype would be in before the end of the campaign, but it appears to be coming in September according to their timeline.

If only their Sonic games were as ace as their trolling.

Yeah, that’s really the capper. As if anything from modern Sonic (except the Sonic All-Stars kart title) has any room to talk smack about other games.

Another on my list of “deeply desired but delayed and also troubled Kickstarters” has an update!

The Mandate Still Exists!

However, factoring in the new Producer and tons of vague language about re-envisionng large chunks of the game and staff turmoil, it doesn’t sound like this already-1.25-years-late game is anywhere near ready for prime-time.

Oh well :(

Yeah, that game has been pushed to the back of my mind as I play other stuff that actually is coming out, like Star Citizen or Limit Theory.

I’m just being honest man, the less I focus on 'em, the less disappointing their elongated development times are.

Scythe is on its way! Can’t wait to dig into this one. The epitome of a well run Kickstarter.

On the other side of the spectrum, it looks like I have a second delivery of Tokaido coming my way tomorrow for some reason. Yay? Doesn’t surprise me in the least as it’s one of the worst run campaigns I’ve come across. I guess I’ll get my money’s worth at least.

You bastard. I haven’t gotten a shipping notice yet.

I didn’t actually receive a notice but I can see it on My UPS. I recommend signing up if you haven’t, it’s free!

Didn’t even think to check there (signed up ages ago for text delivery alerts but rarely look). Should get here on Friday just before I leave town for the weekend, so that’s basically perfect.

Millennium Blades reprint campaign went up yesterday. Along with reprinting the game, you can also preorder the first major expansion, as well as the two campaign-exclusive mini-expansions. (Unlike the first campaign, where any backer $5 and up ended up getting the promo packs, the lowest tier that gets both of them here is $21, and you can get either by itself for $12.)

My LGS somehow never got their copies of the base game in, but I’m still committed to buying that locally when they do get them, so I only backed for the expansion and mini-expansions.

I gotta say, I’m pretty disappointed in this game so far. They couldn’t use the music from the original Amplitude, so they have original music for this game, and the first 7 or 8 songs that I’ve played so far are just soooooo bland. The music in the original Amplitude was so bold in comparison.

One of the games I kickstarted just was released on Steam as “early access”.

Epic Manager

Probably will wait until full release before I play but it is always nice when one of your kickstarts gets to this stage.

Are we talking about Boardgames as well? Evil Dead 2 Boardgame: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/evildead2/evil-dead-2-the-official-board-game/description