Kickstarting and Screaming

My current waits, in order to expecting them to happen are: Indivisible, Pixel Princess Blitz, Cryamore, and At the Gates.

My first ever backed Kickstarter delivered this week – from 2011! The DVD (blows dust) is in hand!

I guess Darkest Night is in the “label creation” stage of shipping, now? I still can’t believe it’s an actual thing that exists that will really be at my door someday.

Yeah, finally! It was great of them to offer refunds on the miniatures as I always regretted springing for those. :)

I waffled on the miniatures for a while, but ultimately decided against them; while they seemed cool, the endless troubles on the manufacturing end and my lack of patience to paint them saved me $40 in the end.

Super excited for my copy to arrive!

LOL I kickstarted all these except Unsung Story, One Deck Dungeon

My recommended playing order Wasteland 2, Banner Saga, Planetary Annihilation, Double Fine Adventure (no opinion on Battle Worlds: Kronos since I still haven’t played it yet :( )

Lots of great looking Ks board games running this week…
Everdell
Spirits of the forest
Warp gate tiny epic zombies
Hero Path
Nemesis

Just got an email from Fig about a game called “What the Golf?” And the opening paragraph starts with, “Do you like golf? OF COURSE YOU DON’T”

These people get me. I may need to chip in (see what I did there)

Sounds like the opening of that email hooked you.

I got my shipping info for Darkest Night. Their thing claims it could be here by Friday, which, if that’s the case, hell yeah!

Iwanttobelieve.jpg

Unfortunately, since it’s just the shipping label without an actual receipt of the package by FedEx, it almost certainly won’t be arriving according to their projection.

Sadtrombone.wav

I upgraded to the mini version of Darkest Night. The KS happened before they had arranged more regional distribution, so they overcooked the freight to Aus, by pretty much exactly the amount of the minis. So when they asked for updated/confirmed pledge info, I added them, given the money was already spent a year ago in my mind.

Mmm, Phil Eklund wants all my kickstarter money. After High Frontier, BIOS Genesis and BIOS Megafauna 2, now there’s a combined KS for Greenland and Neanderthal.

And I fear BIOS Origins will come just after this. Which, who am I kidding, I’m really eager to get so I can complete the BIOS + High Frontier series. The only issue would be if there’s a KS for a new edition of High frontier using the more developed graphic design SM games seems to have gotten into).

I know there are also the PAX games, but they flopped hard in my group, and they are solo unfriendly, so I can do without those…

The Darkest Night package actually shipped yesterday, according to my tracking, so they’re now forecasting Saturday and that seems solid. Unless weather interferes…

Me too! I’m actually getting excited now.

Saturday here as well! I can’t wait!

A few years later, Crytivo is launching their own indie publishing label and a digital store. AFAIK, the game Universim still hasn’t shipped.