Kickstarting and Screaming

They haven’t , but they have reached the Middle Ages.

that’s funny, as it says “available now”.

Now available in early access I guess.

Is it just me or is the image drawn in such a way they seem like they are supporting what they are actually opposing? or at least you have to do a double take?

They do have a steam EA page - not available for public purchase. The discussion page is super-bad.

FFS. My Darkest Night package is actually here, in town, but Fedex apparently doesn’t plan to actually deliver it until Monday. If they’d shipped USPS, not only would they probably have saved money, but it’d be here tomorrow as previously forecast, instead of sitting in a warehouse a few miles away because you have to specifically put it on a Saturday track for Fedex to deliver then. (Or at least, that’s how UPS handles things and in my experience Fedex isn’t really meaningfully different.)

My FedEx tracking claims it’s still set for delivery tomorrow, but I’m having it delivered to my parents’ house out in the country, because I’m kind of paranoid about a $110 board game being delivered to my apartment when no one’s home and the front office is closed. FedEx’s rural delivery tends to be good around here, so I’m hopeful!

Welp, guess I shouldn’t trust tracking estimates:

My copy arrived as well, so hopefully I’ll be able to get it from my parents tomorrow.

Between Darkest Night and Gloomhaven, I have no room left on my gaming table. So many cards!!!

The Kickstarter for the Endeavor reprint went up yesterday and has already reached its funding level. I had to jump in since I never had my own copy of the game. I really like the age of sail theme but the game is great too, a nice balance of strategic depth with a pretty quick gameplay time.

New ASYLUM trailer, the slowest kickstarter ever…

Malkav, do you have a storage and/or organizational solution for Darkest Night? There are so many bits that need to be close at hand and easily findable while playing…

No. Not for any game I own, really. That said, the new edition has a reasonably decent insert that still fails to offer a good way of sorting the blight for easy access.

UK court rules the Spectrum crowd funding campaign was a contract for sale in exchange for a product. Not just a donation or pledge.

Oh boy, Chris Roberts might be having a heart attack right now.

Aww maaan. I haven’t even received a tracking email yet =(

Wow, that is huge news. If people are liable and must deliver a product for everything developed via kickstarter money, then it’s just going to become a product distribution platform, rather than a product development platform. Whether or not you think that is a good thing for consumers, it’s terrible for budding designers/developers out there who want to develop their ideas and need money to do so.

I guess they can just turn to Patreon?

This is not something I expected: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/617871702/agents-of-mayhem-pride-of-babylon

I’m not sure who the audience is for this, but there’s at least a few hundred people other than @tomchick who like board games and Agents of Mayhem.

Dr David Levy, chairman of RCL, failed to attend the hearing. In an amended witness statement served the night before the hearing he claimed that he was too scared to attend because he was worried about “having his cock chopped off” by “trolls” whom he said had been urged to meet “outside the court in Luton tomorrow”. No such gathering took place. Levy also sent Morton £155 the night before the hearing in a last-ditch effort to stave off proceedings, something the judge described as “not appropriate”.

lol

More seriously the judge seemed to be pretty level headed here. He just pointed out the receipt for backing it specifically said it was an order for a product. So the customer is owed one. Indiegogo or whoever could (I assume, I am not a lawyer) be more specific about what the money is for, including nothing but a pledge and maybe a product in the future and not have to do refunds. He also rightfully pointed out that he made his judgement based around the fact that RCL doesnt deny they are going to deliver this product and they are in business. So its obvious a refund should be available when the company agrees its for a product which will be completed and shipped out to customers soon. Effectively the guy is just cancelling his pre order.

RCL was pretty silly to not refund this guy earlier and boy the judge was very kind to them given their behaviour. They should consider themselves lucky.