Kickstarting and Screaming

Christopher Tin is Kickstarting his next album, “basing this album on a piece I wrote for the ‘Civilization’ game franchise: “Sogno di Volare”, the theme to Civilization VI”.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/christophertin/new-album-by-christopher-tin-baba-yetu-civilizatio

Man, I wish this applied to my fucking Coolest Cooler

In Other Waters is an underwater exploration game with a unique interface where you’re basically JARVIS from Iron Man and your Tony Stark is a xenobiologist on a watery planet. 10 pounds to buy in.

Ten pounds of what?

Sterling silver

Clams. But all orders are COD. Let minnow if you buy in, or if you need more time to mullet over.

Where is the thumbs up icon?

Next to the like button.

Crossposted from the boardgame thread:
As a new convert to Vital Lacerda’s output (Lisboa, The Gallerist, and Vinhos Deluxe are all fantastic, brain-burnery heavy Euros), I was really hoping this day would come:

CO2’s been out of print for a while, and that and Kanban are the two main Lacerda games I haven’t had the chance to lay my hands on. Now if only someone (preferably Eagle Gryphon Games w/ fabulous game artist Ian O’Toole, but if this goes well I’d totally take Giochix doing it) would do a similar revamp and reprint of Kanban.

Edit: Ooo, Ian O’Toole is working on the graphic design - with the original artists, as well. So much the better.

This is a classic console emulator that goes on your keychain for $45. It’s completely superfluous and useless to someone with hands like mine, and I totally want to buy one.

Another Dwarf Fortress-like goes to Kickstarter. But this one looks to be well along its way, and they’re not piling on features with their stretch goals.

Brian is talking to the devs this week on his website as well.

A couple of tabletop projects worth a look:

Aeon’s End: Legacy is a legacy style campaign for Aeon’s End, and the idea is that at the end your legacy-customized components can be rolled into standard Aeon’s End games, which is quite exciting to me. You can also pick up previous Aeon’s End content as a bundle and I for one have quite enjoyed my time with it.

If you’ve played Mystic Vale, this takes the ‘card crafting’ system from that game, puts it as part of a single shared player deck and fuses it with worker placement and fending off incursions from the forces of darkness (created as the back side of the player deck cards). It looks very intriguing.

Edge of Darkness looks pretty cool. Uh, $100? Plus $20 shipping? Pass.

Yeaaah, I’m not sold on that price either. Granted, that’s the fancy version and the base game is only $60, but…Mystic Vale retails for like $35 and a complete set of everything printed to date for it still wouldn’t quite hit $100, I don’t think. Edge of Darkness does appear to be a little more involved but…

So… for computer games does it matter to backers where the crowdfunding happens these days? Any clear preference for backers between Kickstarter, Indiegogo or Fig etc? Does anyone get their computer game crowdfunding news from Kickstarter’s font page for example?

Err asking for a friend.

I’ve never bothered to set up an account on anything other than kickstarter. I suppose I might if something really good showed up, but the bar to getting me to give you money is definitely higher.

I don’t think I’ve ever backed a game because of the front page of kickstarter, but I have backed projects because of kickstarter notifications that friends of mine have backed a project.

Interesting thank you!

I wouldn’t be super inclined to back a computer game at all at this point but Kickstarter is still going to be the default for most people, I think. I’ve done both Fig and Indiegogo but wouldn’t be inclined to do either without a strong draw, and I think many people wouldn’t at all.